Why Does Elias Theodorou Throw So Many Front Kicks That Don't Come Close to Striking His Opponent?

Leonard Haid

Minimalist Living the Illusory Dream
@red
Reaction score
In every fight he does this. To keep his opponent at a distance? Seems like a waste of energy. As a non-fighter I don't get this, but there must be a reason for it.

him and Zahabi do it solely for the sake of "unpredictablility".

He knows he has better cardio than 90% of people in the UFC and takes advantage of it. throwing all the crazy kicks makes it hard to get in. they miss because the opponent disengages when they see it coming.

because he didnt put his work in at the karate dojo. Karate is a must for mma.

Holly Holm does the same tactic

Basically his whole style is to nullify his opponents offense. Those kicks keep range and make the other fighter hesitant to engage, same with why he clinches when his opponents do get into range to land punches.

I think it's hilarious everyone on Sherdog hates him so much, I mean the guys not anything special he will never crack the top 5 but he does what he has to do to win fights.

Basically his whole style is to nullify his opponents offense. Those kicks keep range and make the other fighter hesitant to engage, same with why he clinches when his opponents do get into range to land punches.

I think it's hilarious everyone on Sherdog hates him so much, I mean the guys not anything special he will never crack the top 5 but he does what he has to do to win fights.

I think they mostly hate him because he is the definition of alpha. Well spoken (almost T-Wood level), model looks, can fight and has a good record, and most of all DAT HAIR!

He is one of the worst fighters I have ever seen

In fact I wouldnt even call him a fighter

Fighting seems to just be a way for him to advance his career and grow his name

To that end he has absolutely no boxing (gotta protect that face right), his kicks are slow, land about 30% of the time and do no damage, he is a wall and staller of the highest degree

When a fighter puts on a shit performance they often voice their displeasure post-fight, this guy makes every fight a shit performance and a shit watch for fans then is all smiles afterwards

A disgrace that he is on main cards

He is one of the worst fighters I have ever seen

In fact I wouldnt even call him a fighter

Fighting seems to just be a way for him to advance his career and grow his name

To that end he has absolutely no boxing (gotta protect that face right), his kicks are slow, land about 30% of the time and do no damage, he is a wall and staller of the highest degree

When a fighter puts on a shit performance they often voice their displeasure post-fight, this guy makes every fight a shit performance and a shit watch for fans then is all smiles afterwards

A disgrace that he is on main cards

He broke a guys arm with those kicks in an earlier ufc fight. He may not be the most explosive or exciting fighter but hes effective at breaking people. Did you see mutante's face between round 2 and 3? His head was down and he looked mentally broken.

Elias is doing something right. People saying hes the worst are dumb, he has beaten some decent fighters in the ufc already

Because he's just not very good.

He is defense with zero offense, quite weird and boring.

He broke a guys arm with those kicks in an earlier ufc fight. He may not be the most explosive or exciting fighter but hes effective at breaking people. Did you see mutante's face between round 2 and 3? His head was down and he looked mentally broken.

Elias is doing something right. People saying hes the worst are dumb, he has beaten some decent fighters in the ufc already

You are entitled to your opinion but in my opinion he is absolutely awful

I know its not all his fault some blame goes to his opponents but go watch his last 3 fights and then tell me I'm wrong

That occurred to me, that those kicks are a sign of incompetence, but how can that be...look at his record.
His record is filled with regional circuit bums, and top 50+ guys who have no business in the UFC, like Vitor's little pet Cezar who is protected and given a million chances.

You are entitled to your opinion but in my opinion he is absolutely awful

I know its not all his fault some blame goes to his opponents but go watch his last 3 fights and then tell me I'm wrong

Ive seen all his fights on tuf and in the ufc, and you are def wrong.

to make up for lack of being able to fight normally

Back