*Khabib Vs El Cucuy on a grappling match: Who gets the sub first?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
We all know Khabib would score the TDs and the ground control. But, regarding to submissions, who gets it first?

When you're getting GNPed by an elite grappler you're not going to be able to pull off submissions easily. Leonard Garcia might be the Travis Lutter of BJJ, but you put Garcia in an MMA rules ground match with Khabib, Khabib would pound him into the shadow realm. His world class BJJ won't amount to shit and he would be KTFO unconscious within a minute.

u dont realize how much stronger khabib would be than t-ferg
and pure grappling khabibi is gonna keel heem

Neither guy is really a submission master but I'd pick Khabib. Khabib takes top control and if it lasts till a submission occurs just laying on someone will tire them out.

Edit: you meant in pure grappling I don't follow it so I withdraw my statement.

i hate to say khabib easy , but khabib easy

tony deff has slick jits and excellent grappling , but i think khabib is in his prime and no one in the grappling sector is stopping him

Khabib is a master at not giving you an inch he neutralizes you and tortures you over and over until you break mentally and that one second where you feel helpless is all Khabib needs to know that he's got you exactly where he wants you. His grappling is so effective because he's one step ahead of you each and every time much like another elite grappler Demian Maia

What gives Tony an edge is that he doesn't give a fuck he doesn't stop he's like a train with no brakes he just keeps coming forward and attacks you from different angles and techniques this will be a cardio and pace war who can push harder and be stronger through and through every minute of every round that's what makes this fight so interesting two guys that have very competitive spirits with no sense of quit inside of them.

When you're getting GNPed by an elite grappler you're not going to be able to pull off submissions easily. Leonard Garcia might be the Travis Lutter of BJJ, but you put Garcia in an MMA rules ground match with Khabib, Khabib would pound him into the shadow realm. His world class BJJ won't amount to shit and he would be KTFO unconscious within a minute.

You mean Marcelo Garcia??

Neither guy is really a submission master but I'd pick Khabib. Khabib takes top control and if it lasts till a submission occurs just laying on someone will tire them out.

Edit: you meant in pure grappling I don't follow it so I withdraw my statement.
Of Fergs last 8 wins, 5 were by submission.

Of Fergs last 8 wins, 5 were by submission.
so he's Werdum or Maia now?

It's possible but very unlikely he submits a guy like Khabib

edit: I said he wasn't a master: That's not the same as saying he sucks or even saying he's not good. It's unlikely he would submit a grappler on Khabib's level unless Khabib was hurt first by strikes.

Last edited:
I think Khabib would get an arm triangle, or kimura, possibly an RNC.

Obv we dont know. But seems like Khabib COULD use his control and defense to either tire Tony out, or wait for a mistake

Khabib breaks T-ferg's arm in an armbar then el cucuy submits him because he shouldn't have tried to break his arm

Khabib is the far superior grappler both through accomplishments and accolades and to anyone with some grappling knowledge and a set of eyes?!!!! Tony "could" catch Khabib but this is beyond unlikely! Tony has a striking edge but it's not as superior of edge as what Khabib has in the wrestling/grappling department. Khabib by a wide UD unless he's able to really turn it up early in which case Khabib by 2nd/3rd round sub

Back