Conflicted about Black Beast and Travis

BBMN

Pancakes?!
@red
Reaction score
First off, I love Black Beast. He's a welcome addition to the Heavyweight division in my eyes. I love his off the wall antics and interviews. Even made a wallpaper inspired by one of his quotes after the Roy Nelson fight...

Second, I really dislike Travis. His eye pokes and bullshit interview after the Mitione fight was pretty bad. I don't want to dislike any fighter, but he was such a dickhead when questioned about the eye poke. Fuck him. He seems like a genuinely uncool dude.

However, I can't stand it when accusations are treated as truths. If Travis did beat a woman, then he's scum. But we don't know what happened. All we know is that she did not go to the police. She went to social media. And the UFC found no evidence of wrongdoing. Yet he's having his name drug around for a reprehensible crime. I knew a girl that accused a coworker of hers of raping her. Her roommate at the time was like "Yea.... I heard her getting fucked and screaming "fuck me" when that guy spent the night. She really enjoyed having sex that night." I later found out this lady had severe depression, and was an alcoholic that had alienated everyone she knew....

So fuck treating accusations as truths.

Last edited:
Love black beast to, I think his post-fight comments were pretty classless though. Unfortunately, MMA karma has always come full circle...so we'll have to see what happens

Where is the conflict because I don't see it. You like B2 and you hate THB. B2 accuses THB with little proof --> people treat it as truth --> people hate on THB.

Isn't that a win for you? If I hate someone I would love for that to happen to her.

First off, I love Black Beast. He's a welcome addition to the Heavyweight division in my eyes. I love his off the wall antics and interviews. Even made a wallpaper inspired by one of his quotes after the Roy Nelson fight...

Second, I really dislike Travis. His eye pokes and bullshit interview after the Mitione fight was pretty bad. I don't like to dislike any fighter, but he was such a dickhead when questioned about the eye poke. Fuck him. He seems like a genuinely uncool dude.

However, I can't stand it when accusations are treated as truths. If Travis did beat a woman, than he's scum. But we don't know what happened. All we know is that she did not go to the police. She went to social media. And the UFC found no evidence of wrongdoing. Yet he's having his name drug around for a reprehensible crime. I've knew a girl that accused a coworker of hers of raping her. Her roommate at the time was like "Yea.... I heard her getting fucked and screaming "fuck me" when that guy spent the night. She really enjoyed having sex that night." I later found out this lady had severe depression, and was an alcoholic that had alienated everyone she knew....

So fuck treating accusations are truths.
Agree with everything you wrote. For Black Beast to come to the conclusion that Travis is a woman beater, and condemn Travis about it to the media, was super low-class. It was disgusting. That being said, you STILL gotta love the Black Beast.

Where is the conflict because I don't see it. You like B2 and you hate THB. B2 accuses THB with little proof --> people treat it as truth --> people hate on THB.

Isn't that a win for you? If I hate someone I would love for that to happen to her.
So its ok to spread false info if its against someone you don't like? So all the Hillary false info you bought into that was proven wrong is ok since you dislike her? Your logic is illogical.

85266732.gif

The guy is full of shit.. literally .. any top 5 hw would knock him out in less than 2 mins

So its ok to spread false info if its against someone you don't like? So all the Hillary false info you bought into that was proven wrong is ok since you dislike her? Your logic is illogical.

Yes. If I hate someone I would wish a lot worse than false accusations upon him or her. For example I wish my ex get run over by a F-150. If you don't think people wish horrible things on people they hate you're delusional.

Derrick is extremely classless and disrespectful. I don't like Travis but he wasn't arrested or have anything proven. Using the story prefight to hype and motivate is one thing, but to keep it going after the fight is ignorant bullshit. Also, what's the deal with hollering at his girl? The fight is over, why are you trying to fight him again? He also said he was glad the stoppage was late. Guy is a childish sociopath.

Second, I really dislike Travis. His eye pokes and bullshit interview after the Mitione fight was pretty bad. I don't want to dislike any fighter, but he was such a dickhead when questioned about the eye poke. Fuck him. He seems like a genuinely uncool dude.

However, I can't stand it when accusations are treated as truths. If Travis did beat a woman, then he's scum. But we don't know what happened. All we know is that she did not go to the police. She went to social media. And the UFC found no evidence of wrongdoing. Yet he's having his name drug around for a reprehensible crime. I knew a girl that accused a coworker of hers of raping her. Her roommate at the time was like "Yea.... I heard her getting fucked and screaming "fuck me" when that guy spent the night. She really enjoyed having sex that night." I later found out this lady had severe depression, and was an alcoholic that had alienated everyone she knew....

So fuck treating accusations as truths.

TS you are obviously 100% correct. Keep up the good fight against the SJW fad bandwagoners. Btw I made a thread just like this too.

Why couldn't TS post his thoughts in the other 23 threads disecting Black Beast's comments?

I'm not. The court of public opinion does not require that something be beyond reasonable doubt for a conviction. It's possible that she made it up, but failing to go to the police is completely consistent with absolutely everything that's known about abusive relationships, and women initially going to the police and then refusing to cooperate couldn't be more commonplace. That's how abuse relationships work. Once in a while a woman will falsely accuse a man—it's awful and those women can go to hell—but the situation where the guy gets away with it is far more common and those guys can go to hell too. Added to that, Browne's wife's personal finances were very much tied up in Browne not losing his job, as no doubt is her current alimony and presumably child support. Once she had time to think about it, she had absolutely every incentive to protect him, regardless of his guilt.

It's also worth noting that the UFC didn't find "no evidence of wrongdoing." The inquiry found "inconclusive evidence." If his wife was not cooperating, either out of an utterly typical reaction to an abusive relationship or to protect her own finances, I'm sure the UFC's investigator would have no more luck finding conclusive evidence than hundreds of thousands of well-intentioned officers of the law over the years. Lewis was playing the odds, and the odds are highly in favor of Browne being exactly what Lewis accused him of being.

To add to that, what really is the cost of being wrong? There's a reason people hate Travis. He's a dick at every opportunity. He fouls opponents way more frequently than is remotely believable as being accidental. Against Mitrione, he went for the kill immediately after the referee missed one of those fouls. The worst case scenario is that a scumbag is portrayed as an even bigger scumbag. Cry me a fucking river.

For example I wish my ex get run over by a F-150.

Well at least you didn't say F-150 Raptor.... that would be too far.

The court of public opinion does not require that something be beyond reasonable doubt for a conviction...

Kinda like Salem?

And there's a pretty big jump between dirty fighter, and physically abusive man. Oh well, don't let that deter you. By this line of thought, we might as well concur that he very well might, just maybe, rape nuns and eat puppies. I mean.... he is a dirty fighter, so it kinda checks out.

Kinda like Salem?

And there's a pretty big jump between dirty fighter, and physically abusive man.

About as big a jump as between giving someone a bad public image and burning them at the stake? I take your point—I really do—but the standard of evidence should be commensurate to the punishment. I wouldn't burn Travis at the stake, nor would I put him in prison, but I'm more than happy to publicly condemn him as the former abusive husband that the information I have strongly suggests he was, especially since if I weren't condemning him for that, I'd be condemning him for trying to blind Mitrione because he was losing. It's called a "preponderance of evidence," and it's the standard used in a U.S. civil court.

And if he read your post with his one working eye, Yuki Nakai might have a thing or two to say about the idea that beating a woman is that much worse than attacking the eyes of an opponent in an athletic competition.

Back