Black Beast--- Why he is winning

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I've read many posts claiming Lewis doesn't have any skill, is sloppy, is not UFC calibur.

6 fight winning streak at HW.. That's impressive.. Hard to imagine he can pull that off without any skill

Why is he winning?

I think he has good hands. His boxing fundamentals are good. He isn't going to go down as a great boxer, even for mma standards... But he is good in this aspect.

Power-- off the fuckin charts here.. If he hits you, you're gonna have a bad time

Offensive wrestling-- I was really impressed how he was ragdolling Browne, he had a few really good takedowns last night, even a nice hip toss into mount

Toughness-- nuff said? Hes H-town gangster tough, the dude doesn't quit when the fight isn't going his way

Imo, his skills are pretty damn solid. His fight IQ is questionable to say the least.. Why is he constantly throwing those spinning head kicks at an opponent 6 inches taller than him ( or more..). His cardio is bad, but he seems to be working on it.. To come out that strong after so many huge body shots in round one.. He's gotta be decent at least.

I dunno, this guy might be the best HW prospect I've see in a while. I like guys with grit like he has.. I take that over someone who has all the skill on paper but folds.

shit, it is what it is, shit, H-town on that boi, shit, swangin' and bangin'

The Black Beast is on another level right now. Hope to see him against the winner of Reem/Hunto !!!

I love Black Beast and I was screaming for him to bang Brownes body when he was covering up after he got clipped

Because Matt Mitrione got more money in bellator and Shawn jordan got cut

He is fun to watch.

If he can get his TDD solid, he might be a reasonable threat for top 5. But Nelson got 7 takedowns on him when they fought, and Roy has crap takedowns. I dont recall the fight and how it looked, but Lewis needs to tighten that up.

Power, aggressiveness and natural athletic ability

Cause you ain't shit if you ain't never been screwed up.

Because he fights in the hwd... Nuff said.

Cormier bulks up and he beats the shit out of 90% of the division easily.

He cuts from 280 plus lbs and hits very hard.

Aside from that he is weak to the body and will be exposed by the top guys who can wrestle.

Miocic or Velasquez will crush him. JDS has the style to beat him as well.

Brown still has horrible boxing to the point of total confusion. With his build he should be jabbing guys to death instead is slow, stiff and keeps his hands at his nipples.

he's surprisingly fast for his size and has the touch of death in those paws

last night the fight changing moment was travis breaking his own ankle by kicking the black breast

bloated and needing to take a shit... he still KO'd Travis Browne stiff. That's impressive in itself... after getting kicked in the stomach lol

What in the fuck happened to Travis Browne? His fight IQ has gone down or he's just done.

Black Beast has real power even if his technique isn't the best. He bangs.

He may be swangin and bangin but i think francis ngannou has a better upside as a prospect

Toughness is his gift. He's just as dangerous when he's gassed, even when he gets manhandled in the grappling he finds a way to win

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back