T.Ferg or Max Holloway more complete challenger?

ncnavguy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Came across a BE article of Aldo analyzing Max Holloway. No surprise he thinks he's dangerous but not a complete fighter.
Thinking about both of these contenders they are both well rounded and have been on a tear lately. Which do you consider more complete? More likely to actually capture a belt (A real belt, none of that interim bs)

Last edited:
Holloway is more likely to capture the belt as things stand because he only has to beat Aldo and not Khabib and then Conor.

I'd say Holloway is the better fighter
But Aldo is a tougher challenge to get past by than Khabib
So idk

I think Ferguson is better on the ground and has better TDD. Max is a better striker though.

Max Holloway survived 3 rounds against Conor Aldo lasted 13 seconds.

Aldo & Edgar would smoke Holloway

Khabib & Conor would smoke Ferg

I guess i'll go with Holloway because he has the better stand up

Ferg. He can get sloppy in stand up but always come back at you with some weird shit and catch you with it. Better ground game and heart in my opinion. Holloway will be better then him in future. He is real champion material.

Came across of BE article of Aldo analyzing Max Holloway. No surprise he thinks he's dangerous but not a complete fighter.
Thinking about both of these contenders they are both well rounded and have been on a tear lately. Which do you consider more complete? More likely to actually capture a belt (A real belt, none of that interim bs)

Ferguson is unnecessarily cocky, almost got ended by Lando (which should normally not be an insult to any fighter, other than for the fact that it was Lando's first or second UFC fight or something?). He's an annoying prick, but not in a Connor-like, amusing kind of way.

Max is a more technically sound striker. Tony has an awkward style of striking that works for him. Tony is better at wrestling and on the ground though, so he is more complete.

Holloway is more likely to capture the belt as things stand because he only has to beat Aldo and not Khabib and then Conor.
there is no FW belt anymore. When the UFC stripped Conor's 145 title, it merged with his two other belts [at lightweight and Conorweight]. Thus, the Aldo vs Holloway fight is for an illusory title.

I'd say El Cucuy. His stand up is lethal and his ground game is super underrated.

Ferguson has a better overall game but Holloways relentless precision striking trumps it

I think Ferguson is more well-rounded, and I think he's got a better chance at beating Khabib than Max does of beating Aldo.

I think Ferguson is better on the ground and has better TDD. Max is a better striker though.
Holloway has a better TDD, just look at the Lamas fight
Ferg is better on the ground tho

been watching tfergs previous fights and he gets hit a lot but he's pretty good at rolling with the punches most of the time

I think Holloway is hyped to much.

Aldo brings him back into the stratosphere.

Back