The Hendo/Bisping scorecards ruined the MW division

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
In light of Wonderboy/Woodley 1, where Woodley received a 10-8 in the 4th in MY opinion Dan should've received 10-8 rounds as well when he bombed Bisping twice in the fight.

So my case is that the MW division was ruined by Bisping retaining the belt rather than losing it to Dan Henderson, the likely scenario would've been the real contenders Yoel vs Jacare fighting for a vacant belt and the world keeps spinning.

And what we have now is, Bisping ducking opponents left to right asking for super fights when everyone pretty much knows he's just keeping the belt warm.

welcome to UFC - where 10-8's barely exist

I thought the same thing as soon as it happened

And Dan didn't even need a 10-8 to win that fight, he took 3 of 5 rounds

welcome to UFC - where 10-8's barely exist

They went from fairy tales to being given out like Costco samples.

tumblr_oes0seTSlW1u2ragso2_r1_250.gif

In light of Wonderboy/Woodley 1, where Woodley received a 10-8 in the 4th in MY opinion Dan should've received 10-8 rounds as well when he bombed Bisping twice in the fight.

So my case is that the MW division was ruined by Bisping retaining the belt rather than losing it to Dan Henderson, the likely scenario would've been the real contenders Yoel vs Jacare fighting for a vacant belt and the world keeps spinning.

And what we have now is, Bisping ducking opponents left to right asking for super fights when everyone pretty much knows he's just keeping the belt warm.
I had it 3-1-1 for Hendo winning. IMO one of the worst decisions of the past 5 years in MMA.

Hopefully the new scoring system helps a little bit.

Hopefully Bisping's next fight isn't in the UK. You can't trust those sneaky brits.

Last edited:
how can u actually think hendo won, dont let ur hate/fanboyism blind u

See, I thought Hendo won 3 rounds too. But looking at the forums after the fight nearly everyone said Bisping won. I thought I had missed something.

Last edited:
I'd have to watch it again but I remember at the time feeling like it was a draw . Hendo was largely inactive but occasionally devasting. He threw very little and was constantly on the back foot looking a little too timid and conservative. Bisping was the aggressor but caused very little damage . Like I said I will have to watch again but Dan didn't clearly win at all. There was no robbery . Could it have gone the other way? Maybe but it was close so tough shit that's life. Dan should have done more.

but its not only u i see more and more people saying that now

I won't disagree with anyone saying Bisping scored rounds off volume, but Dan came close to ending this fight and Bisping's face was a mess.

Bisping came away with a UD, not even a split or even a draw on one judge at least?

But again, my point is it would've been better off if he lost because the real contenders need a shot, Bisping only won the title as a replacement, not by merit.

I thought Dan won the 5th and the fight. I was pretty surprised.

I remember it scoring for Bisping 48-47. Now I wish he was robbed.

how can u actually think hendo won, dont let ur hate/fanboyism blind u

Well let's see. Hendo won the first two rounds by nearly ending the fight with an H-bomb in both rounds. He then won the 5th round by landing the only significant strikes and TD of the round. Literally the only damage Ping did to Hendo in the entire fight came from a nutshot.

Back