Rate Hector lombards performance last night and should he be cut from the UFC ?

J

JollyRants

b681c4903a1b28ac080e2fff0f5941e2.jpg
Man juiced Lombard was the man and used to be one of my favorite fighters. He been fighting like SHIT since his failed steroid test. How shitty did Lombard look last night and should he be cut ?
lombard+palhares2.gif
di-QNO1.gif
2wmmh3t_jpg.gif
h1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Would have been nice to see him fight with some urgency, especially in the third.

He seemed pretty conservative. Looked like he was trying too hard to conserve energy.
I wouldn't cut him because he is still fairly entertaining

If anyone ever wanted to see the value PED's have in combat sports -- take a look at hectors run from 07' - 11 and then once he started in an organization with testing.

He seemed pretty conservative. Looked like he was trying too hard to conserve energy.
I wouldn't cut him because he is still fairly entertaining
Non steroid Lombard aint entertaining at all. Hes so afraid of gassing hes standing there looking at his opponents half the time.

Unless he wants to eke out the rest of his career jobbing for up-and-coming prospects, he should leave the UFC immediately.

The guy is talented. His lack of cardio and perhaps being too muscular is putting him at a clear disadvantage. The guy simply can't perform at 100% because he's afraid he'll gas out. Him and Johnny is doing the opposite of what they should've done. Moving up will extend their career a bit longer but it's not the right answer.

Subpar for sure.

Last edited:
Overpaid for how awful he's been fighting, winless in his last 3, popped for steroids, underwhelming performances, plus he's pushing 40....good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

He can’t seem to pull the trigger when he needs to – he has all the tools but is content to piss away fights or gas out

One more fight at MW and cut him if he loses.

overpaid, mediocre-talent steroid cheat with no heart.

of course he should be cut.

If anyone ever wanted to see the value PED's have in combat sports -- take a look at hectors run from 07' - 11 and then once he started in an organization with testing.
Let me throw some objective reasoning this way.

Hector's body looks no different than it did 10 years ago, and he is 10 years older. Maybe his performance has every bit to do with fighting better competition.

Guys like Chris Weidman, Jonny Hendricks, Vitor Belfort, Dan Henderson, Robby Lawler and Alistair Overeem all show massive, and I do mean massive physical changes since USADA emergence.

He should fight Anderson and they can just stare at eachother the whole fight

He's like Yoel Romero if Yoel didn't know how to yolo

I want to see him fight tim boatsh (wtf is his name I'm blanking) before making any decisions

Let me throw some objective reasoning this way.

Hector's body looks no different than it did 10 years ago, and he is 10 years older. Maybe his performance has every bit to do with fighting better competition.

Guys like Chris Weidman, Jonny Hendricks, Vitor Belfort, Dan Henderson, Robby Lawler and Alistair Overeem all show massive, and I do mean massive physical changes since USADA emergence.

Well, Lombard did get busted since being in the UFC -- so the eye test is not the be all and end all. You could argue he just is choking against better competition -- but that run was dominate and during a time and organizationswith little to no drug tests

He should ask to be released and go to Bellator or Rizin where the drug testing is easier. I don't see him winning any significant middleweight fights in the UFC. He's 39. His time has passed. Especially being drug free. If you're on drugs you can still do it much like Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds etc. But without drugs at 39 you're over the hill.

They need to give him one more chance he didn't look terrible by any means.

He's scared to let loose now incase he runs out of gas, unfortunately even pacing himself by the time he makes it to the third he's lost the spring in his step, his best chance is to just go for broke.

Back