GSP vs. Hendricks at 185

Dirge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Watching Hendricks play patty cake with Lombard last night, after he won, it occurred to me that GSP's first fight back would be really smart against Hendricks at 185.

Both fighters have huge upside:

For GSP, a lot of people saw Hendricks win their last fight, plus Hendricks is nowhere near in the kind of form he was when GSP fought him, a low risk fight, playing the redemption angle and a good segue into the 185 division.

The UFC could sell it easily.

For Hendricks, he gets a fight against a guy that beat him, a huge draw and on top of that a guy that has never fought at 185 and has been off for years.

Big upside for both, reasonable low risk for both.

Just a thought but it makes sense for a GSP return. Plus if he wins, he has a win over a former champ and gets to shed some ring rust.

Only fight gsp takes at 185 is a title shot.
Best fight for his first fight is diaz, Diaz, or Conor. He will have a very hard time with Tyron or wb.

If it's the hendricks we saw last night, GSP would eat him, he was slow and even at 185 he had less cardio than he had against GSP for a 5 rounds fight

Hendricks was so high back then, he was physically and mentally at his best

LMAO @ Hendricks being a MW now.. just watching this Lombard fight... he has the body of a WW but this just comes off as lazy.

If by "GSP" you mean Gone Seeking Pizza, then yes.

GSP already lost at 170

Not a bad idea honestly. GSP would eat him alive in his current state. Easy pay check and a tune up fight.

Watching Hendricks play patty cake with Lombard last night, after he won, it occurred to me that GSP's first fight back would be really smart against Hendricks at 185.

Both fighters have huge upside:

For GSP, a lot of people saw Hendricks win their last fight, plus Hendricks is nowhere near in the kind of form he was when GSP fought him, a low risk fight, playing the redemption angle and a good segue into the 185 division.

The UFC could sell it easily.

For Hendricks, he gets a fight against a guy that beat him, a huge draw and on top of that a guy that has never fought at 185 and has been off for years.

Big upside for both, reasonable low risk for both.

Just a thought but it makes sense for a GSP return. Plus if he wins, he has a win over a former champ and gets to shed some ring rust.
You have to remember though.. the Hendricks at UFC 167 was TRT Hendricks. now you have the USADA Hendricks.

Not a bad idea honestly. GSP would eat him alive in his current state. Easy pay check and a tune up fight.
GSP has been off for years, no telling if he might be in even worse condition than Handsome Johny.

GSP has been off for years, no telling if he might be in even worse condition than Handsome Johny.

My money would still be on GSP. Hendricks is still in bad shape despite his win over Lombard. He's had a rough 4 years and his mental edge is long gone.

You have to remember though.. the Hendricks at UFC 167 was TRT Hendricks. now you have the USADA Hendricks.

And that is my point, unless GSP is horribly off it's a winnable fight for him. For Hendricks, it's likely to be the biggest profile fight he could possibly hope for. The chances of him working his way to a shot at 185 based on last night are pretty much zero.

I want to see GSP totally destroy Hendricks.

With all the champs and oddities (nick Diaz) wanting crack at GSP I don't see it happening even though it should. He is coming back at WW and unless he wants just one fight he avoids bisping because MW is tough division.

LMAO @ Hendricks being a MW now.. just watching this Lombard fight... he has the body of a WW but this just comes off as lazy.

He isn't even a big WW. I always thought his frame was on the small side for the division. 5'8" or 5'9" with a light weight frame.

Back