Is Derrick Lewis's belt more or less meaningful than Aldo's?

Mr. Mackey

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
It may be on par, but I wanted to see what the community thought?

Screen-Shot-2017-02-19-at-21.47.42.png

Conor left the division and someone had to be champion. Aldo deserved it the most, because he beat Edgar in an impressive manner.

Last edited:
Derrick actually beat someone.

Aldo was gifted it. Twice.

he should use it to wipe his ass after he shits himself.

Black Beasts belt is more meaningful than all the belts put together.

There was no featherweight division until WEC was merged with the UFC. Don't you think it was logical to keep him as the champ?

Conor left the division and someone had to be champion. Aldo deserved it the most, he beat Edgar in an impressive manner.
Considering the fact that Colin suffers from defendabeltphobia and coward away from defending his strap for 13 months, he lost it and it was given to the Interim champ. Aldo's belt is very real. That was Colin's screw up.

Considering the fact that Colin suffers from defendabeltphobia and coward away from defending his strap for 13 months, he lost it and it was given to the Interim champ. Aldo's belt is very real. That was Colin's screw up.

Fair enough on the Conor point, but to me Aldo's belt will be real when/if he fights Max and is able to win. Getting him into the octagon is the biggest hurdle to that goal though. Even though I think Max defeats him when/if they fight.

Derrick beat a guy on a losing streak, aldo beat frankie edgar in a fight for the vacant title....that's the second one

The first one he went into a match with Manny gamburyan in which it had been publicly stated the winner would be made the ufc fw champion after the merger....

Zero gifting there homie

Conor is unable to defend, so the belt was given to the next man in line.

Nothing controversial. Conor could have easily saved UFC208 by saying "If Max Holiday goes to Disney Land, and I will fight Jose Waldo."

He didn't, because he is still on maternity leave.

It's the interview belt, so in that regard he has defo earned it.

Aldo beat the sharp edges off Frankie Edgar at UFC 200, let's not pretend he isn't legit. Just because we live in a post-Conor world doesn't mean we gotta abandon all sense.

Last edited:
What you people don't seem to understand is this is a business. Conor seems to always be looking for the money fight, not the fight you want to see. I'd say his business mind is pretty good considering is rapid rise to fame and the money that came with it. I'm sure he values money over legacy.

More. Aldo got slept by the real champ and was gifted the belt two times.

What you people don't seem to understand is this is a business. Conor seems to always be looking for the money fight, not the fight you want to see. I'd say his business mind is pretty good considering is rapid rise to fame and the money that came with it. I'm sure he values money over legacy.

What do you mean by "you people"? Was that a micro-aggression bra?

c303770037f1c51d9f615c3f9cba5fce.png

Back