Anyone else only see a slightly late stoppage?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
People are really going crazy about it, I mean..Im just not seeing anything crazy, he go dropped and from the actual shot that puts him away there are 3 more unanswered shots, we have seen far far worse than this, I didnt think anything of it when I saw it honestly.
i23245_Page2.gif

early stoppage imo.

Browne only took around 15 unnecessarily shots from a 280+ pound man.

Would've been fine with an additional 15

Lewis hits so hard that Yamasaki only had a split second to react before it was too late. I don't really fault him.

At pillow fist división.. That stop is right.. But at HW thats a murder.

Bad stopage

I didn't think it was so bad.

There were 3 vicious shots to finish it.
After the first, you should absolutely make the decision there.
But referees can't move like the Flash - not being able to stop the 2nd isn't his fault.
The third is really the only one that shouldn't have happened.

Fans have lately started to cry about late stoppages more easily than before. That was only slightly late, less than a second. A few years back people would not have been this upset about it.

I need to watch it again to speak with authority about this, but I derive no pleasure seeing a guy attempt to cave another guy's head in like that.

I thought at the time that it was a late stoppage. I was thinking as well, as Travis lay there motionless, that this could be the first death in the UFC octagon since its inception. Just one of those blows by Lewis could be lethal from that position...he was holding nothing back. Yet Yamasaki let another one rain down, then another one...not sure how many before he stopped it, but Travis was clearly out while he was being pummeled again and again. Another thought that crossed my mind was, I wonder if Yamasaki will be fired for this. It shouldn't happen even once. Make that kind of mistake, and a fighter could be maimed for life, or even die.

So I'm just telling you what I was thinking at the time.

It was really bad stoppage but i think that Beast also needed to ease down a bit, its not like you are there to murder people. It was really bad on his part too

Man, that was a horrible stoppage. The ref needs to step in as soon as the fighter stops showing intelligent defence, not when the guy goes out.
Mario let Travis take at least 3 huge and unnecessary shots.

Stoppage was good. Judge just didnt defend Wanderlei well with his body. He stopped it immedietly after he felt but Quinton kept pounding even when the judge grabbed him. He should jump between them not on the back of Quinton.

There were maybe only two or three unneccessary shots there between what would have constituted a normal stoppage and a late one. So yeah, it was stopped late, but just barely. Big fucking deal.

It's not as bad as the Sherdog drama queens are making it out to be. You know how it is around here.

Wasn't a bad stoppage. It's easy to sit here saying it could have been stopped sooner, but it isn't really as easy as that. That stuff happens so fast and Yam didn't have the vantage point we had.

There has been so many more worse stoppages this shouldn't even be talked about.

I mean I just grt why THIS is a big deal, we have seen far far worse in the UFC, even more so in mma.

Im not saying its whatever but why the commotion over this fight, I have not seen this much commotion over a stoppage in a while and I dont even think it was THAT bad..

I cant be a hypocrite though because the finish kinda reminds me of this and I thought that was pretty bad.
jpfsav.jpg

Back