I think It's time for the "Black Beast" vs Hunt

cgold21

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I want to see this. I'd take Hunt by KO but it could be pretty darn exciting until then..

Black Beast also thinks it's time for Black Beast vs. Hunt. I would take Black Beast by KO not because I think he can win necessarily but because I want to hear his post fight interviews. However Hunt is engaged in legal battle with the UFC so I am not sure what they will do with him after the Overeem fight.

yep, fun fight to make since Hunt's good with counters and BB comes forward with bombs, showed good recovery last night and maintained his power well too.

Hunt 100/100 win. No question.

Hunt counter punches are excellent and Lewis ia not so tall for Hunt striking.

giphy.gif

Sounds good

Black Beast has so much size on Hunt and would have a decent chance of brutalizing the old Mark Hunt BUT Black Beast has been shut off before and Hunto even in his old age has walk off KO power. Would be a fun fight where I would be cheering for Hunt but would enjoy to see Black Beast continue his win streak as well.

After watching Browne's kick hurt him I can only wonder what a Overeem kick to the gut would do to him. Doodoo for sure

Yeah but a Black beast punch on Overeems glass jaw would be even worse

Black Beast has so much size on Hunt and would have a decent chance of brutalizing the old Mark Hunt BUT Black Beast has been shut off before and Hunto even in his old age has walk off KO power. Would be a fun fight where I would be cheering for Hunt but would enjoy to see Black Beast continue his win streak as well.

Yeah, I'm fine with whatever the outcome may be. Just want to see some bombs land before one drops

yep, fun fight to make since Hunt's good with counters and BB comes forward with bombs, showed good recovery last night and maintained his power well too.

It's got the potential to be a fun fight with almost a freak show type quality to it, nut Lewis has the momentum. He's on a roll, whereas Hunt has lost his last 3. Hunt is also roughly 10 years older than Lewis. At his age, I don't think Hunt will have the speed to evade Lewis's punches. Besides we all saw how Hunt gets intimidated to the point of barely being able to move when matched up against a pjysical colossus.

While beating Hunt would look nice on Lewis's resume, it won't tell anything about his ability to handle a very fit, very skilled and well rounded fighter such as Stipe. Overeem, Werdum or Cain.

It's got the potential to be a fun fight with almost a freak show type quality to it, nut Lewis has the momentum. He's on a roll, whereas Hunt has lost his last 3. Hunt is also roughly 10 years older than Lewis. At his age, I don't think Hunt will have the speed to evade Lewis's punches. Besides we all saw how Hunt gets intimidated to the point of barely being able to move when matched up against a pjysical colossus.

While beating Hunt would look nice on Lewis's resume, it won't tell anything about his ability to handle a very fit, very skilled and well rounded fighter such as Stipe. Overeem, Werdum or Cain.
Hunt beat Mir & Bigfoot by quick KO's before getting wrestled by a roided Brock. Hunt still has tremendous skill even though he's slower and less durable than years ago, while BB's style is bullrush bombs and killer instinct. I think those styles clash well together.

That aside, I agree that it won't tell anything about BB's well-roundedness, which he'd need to show more before matching him up with a top HW (Browne was badly hurt when grappling him). It's a fun fight if they can make it, but if not a grappler would do as well for BB's progression.

>Maintained his power

Bruh it was the only the SECOND round...

<31>

Hunt beat Mir & Bigfoot by quick KO's before getting wrestled by a roided Brock. Hunt still has tremendous skill even though he's slower and less durable than years ago, while BB's style is bullrush bombs and killer instinct. I think those styles clash well together.

That aside, I agree that it won't tell anything about BB's well-roundedness, which he'd need to show more before matching him up with a top HW (Browne was badly hurt when grappling him). It's a fun fight if they can make it, but if not a grappler would do as well for BB's progression.

I feel like he's so angry about the Brock situation that when he's in the octagon again he'll be trying for full decapitation. He got embarrassed in that fight and nothing has really been done to make him feel any better about the situation. He's got to take it out on someone..

Back