Has the Black Beast's streak changed your perspective on...

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
His ceiling or ability. I think the black beast who beat Roy Nelson(by split decision I know) can contend. Or have fighter's been too fearful of his power and want to grapple. His kicks are nasty when they land like they did against Big Country.
On tape he doesn't seem all that more technical yet he wins against accomplished grapplers, I guess I'm asking what improvements he has made or would be exposed if he fought Ngannou or Stipe?

He gets outworked by Cain, Gets lit up by JDS or Stipe, and see Werdum submitting him.

Give him somebody else and I'd get excited, best personality in the heavyweight division by far

His ceiling or ability. I think the black beast who beat Roy Nelson(by split decision I know) can contend. Or have fighter's been too fearful of his power and want to grapple. His kicks are nasty when they land like they did against Big Country.
On tape he doesn't seem all that more technical yet he wins against accomplished grapplers, I guess I'm asking what improvements he has made or would be exposed if he fought Ngannou or Stipe?
Dude is the second coming of brett rogers. Ngannou, stipe, werdum, cain all would just humiliate him. Travis Browne hasnt been a good fighter in years abd evenhe almost won. The hw division just sucks. Still not mad at black beast, dude is ruthless with that power and calling ronda fine ass

His ground game and takedown defense gets exposed pretty quick I would think. He definitely does not have the gas tank to go 5 hard rounds, even if he says he does.

No. He still hasn't beaten anyone legit. The top 5-6 at HW are way above the rest in terms of skills. I know Browne beat Overeem but that was 'explosive athletic contender' Browne and not this sorry excuse for a fighter that he became to be. I still have him losing hard against Stipe, Doom, Cain, JDS, Reem (I know dat chin but I think he would just batter him like he did Nelson for the entire fight from range), Barnett (retired?) probably Hunt, Rothwell

he's gonna be the new Roy Nelson as be a gatekeeper to the top 10, and there's no shame in that, but I can't see him ever being more

Yes, a bit. He's better than I thought he was and he does improve slightly with every fight.

Travis was beating him in RD1. He was very slow and healthy Cain would tool him pretty badly.

I think he has power to beat anyone if he lands clean, but he is just a product of the current weak state of the HW MMA environment

5 years ago, he'd be fighting Eric Prindle on Bellator prelims

But good luck to him

No, it just shows how shallow and pathetic this generation of HW's are when Brett Rogers 2.0 is on a 6 fight win streak in the UFC.

He needss to make tons of improvements technically if he wants to be ompetitive against the elite. Him not doing anything agains tthe kicks was horrible to watch and he only went backwards throwing single shots. he fought like a poor men's tyrone Woodley without the speed, defence and gameplan.

Still rooting for him though

200_s.gif

Not sold on him being an "elite" HW...he's looked beatable in his fights...got heart, I'll give him that. I thought Travis looked better today, but couldn't seal the deal.

His gas tank is going to cost him when he fights some tougher guys

He's another Roy Nelson will put on fun fights at lower levels but will lose to any of the top guys.

Not really. Werdum, Cain, Stipe, and especially JDS would all outstrike him pretty handily imo. "Crazy power" doesn't really mean much at HW, fuckin everyone has it. Sound defensive striking, cardio, and a ground game are at a premium though.

Lewis vs the Hunt/Reem winner makes sense though. Winner would rightfully get a chance to get smashed by Cain or something.

He's tough, has heart and cardio, and shows up. He can be HW champion.

I don't know about cardio for 5 rounds but sure give him a real title shot.

kinda shows how weak the HW division is

guy just throws heavy punches and schools guys

Back