Why did Aldo turn down the fight against Conor when RDA pulled out?

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Did he ever gave a reason why?

Didn't he say anytime anywhere anyplace?

And why was Tito ducking Chuck for so long?

Before some sherbros come and say that a professional fighter is ducking another fighter, I believe that it had to do with fullcamp or something as it would've really affected Aldo's reputation if he fought unprepared and got koed again

Because he is a

OL7tCS.gif

Last edited:
Did he ever gave a reason why?

Didn't he say anytime anywhere anyplace?

I assume it had something to do with being 5 days off of a no contact medical suspension.

In reality the UFC should have never even offered him the fight let alone making it public that his coach declined it so that idiots could call him a pussy and ridicule him.

UFC's gonna UFC though right. Not the first time they made one of there fighters look foolish to boost another and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Before some sherbros come and say that a professional fighter is ducking another fighter, I believe that it had to do with fullcamp or something as it would've really affected Aldo's reputation if he fought unprepared and got koed again
But Aldo said "anytime anywhere". Why did he say that if he didn't mean it? Was there a translation misunderstanding?

He knows conor is better than him but he should have taken it for ez payday and another burger joint.

You know very well that its because Conor would only ever rematch Aldo if the circumstances favored him, ie 2 weeks notice, no title on the line. And if Aldo came in, unprepared and lost again, he will never ever EVER get to have his rematch when he is ready

But you are an idiotic Conor-nut-gobbler, so of course you only made this thread to polish some tiny ginger nuts with your mouth

Offer made to Aldo after RDA pulled out:

- He was recently out of medical suspension
- 2-week notice
- No training camp would be possible
- No belt
- At 155 lbs

Let's compare it with Hideaway's situation when he called out Aldo to fight in Brooklyn:

- No medical suspension to Holloway that we know of (alleged injury came up several days after the Pettis fight and after some backlash over his trip to Disneyland)
- 9-week notice (Dec 11, 2016 - Feb 11, 2017), but more time in reality since all the parties involved knew the date before the Holloway vs Pettis fight
- Belt on the line
- At his weight class

You don't see Conor cucks giving shit to Holloway, though.

But Aldo said "anytime anywhere". Why did he say that if he didn't mean it? Was there a translation misunderstanding?
"Anytime" meant that whenever Conor wants and "anywhere" meant wherever the fight may be like Ireland or something. It didnt mean that he would step up on 12 days notice

"During a recent interview on "The MMA Hour," Aldo further explained his decision to decline the fight, saying that he needs proper time to train for such a pivotal bout. Because at the end of the day, he's a professional fighting in a legit sport and not some desperate scrub.

"Any professional needs time to train," Aldo said via MMA Fighting. "It's not a cockfight where I go there and put my rooster to fight. It's a high-level sport, I'm going there to do my job. When I have time to train, it can happen at any time, anywhere.""

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/3/1/11...gregor-rematch-not-cockfight-needed-train-mma

Have you been wondering about this for the last 12 months TS and decided to finally start a thread? Try the search function, this has been talked about many times.

Have you not seen this in every other thread about Aldo and Conor? His coaches turned it down for him because the circumstances were ridiculous. He was still holding out hope of getting a legit rematch, so it would have been stupid to blow his chance for a rematch on 10 days notice even at 145, let alone at a higher weight class that Conor just had a camp for, fresh off medical suspension, with no belt on the line.

Surely you know that "anytime, anywhere" is an expression to say he really wants the rematch, not an invitation for "ok, here's the fight under the worst possible circumstances".

Why do people try to discredit Aldo so much, especially Conor fans? He stands head and shoulders above all Conor's other opponents as by the far the best victory he has and probably ever will have.

Why do people try to discredit Aldo so much, especially Conor fans? He stands head and shoulders above all Conor's other opponents as by the far the best victory he has and probably ever will have.

Because "beating Aldo" was the accomplishment he needed to be legit. He beat Aldo, but the fans still live in the past and need to belittle Aldo. They know the rematch at FW will never happen, so it's just reflexive behaviour.

5 days out of medical suspension taking on a fighter at a higher weight class that is Conor's natural weight, who already just KO'd him and without the chance for a full training camp. His shot at redemption also wouldn't have included any belt on the line.

Yeah I wonder why buddy, you are such a troll and do a disservice to all the fighters that have the guts to get in there and put it on the line.

It's also a figure of speech, Aldo CLEARLY respects Conor's fighting ability just not his personalitty and it'd have been idiotic to take the fight. He then came back out and took on Edgar which is a hell of a tough fight to come back to.

Back