One fight at MW and Johny Hendricks has already hit his ceiling?

HootyMcBoob

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Is there anyone else that is better than Hector Lombard that Hendricks can beat at MW?

I think he loses to most if not all of the top 10.

He didn't look that great tbh. I doubt he'd do well at MW.

Give him a chance, Lombard is a good win considering how he has been doing recently.

I don't see him coming close to the title with guys like Romero, Jacare, Weidman, Rockhold and Mousasi around although past that I do think there are winnable fights for him as the division does IMHO drop off a lot beyond the top guys.

Mousasi vs hendricks would be awesome <45>

He should only be better in his next fight. A win is a big deal/confidence builder for him. Wonder who he'll fight next.

He has no chance against top 5 guys. If he wants to be gatekeeper for MW division thats fine but he ain't winning belt in that division.

Rockhold, Yoel, Jacare, Whineman and even Bisping would smash him. Rockhold would headkick him into oblivion in like 3 minutes or less.

Imagine Hendricks vs Hector 3-4 years ago, before Usada? Would it have lasted a full round? Lots of haymakers and someone getting layed out.

He toweled up GSP. Is that the fight GSP was rambling about aliens afterwards? GSP's head looked like a half chewed mango.

He doesn't stand a chance against the top 5 and he didn't really have a good showing against Lombard.

I am sure Hendricks will try to go down back to 170, this was like a punishement for missing weight. Because realistacly there isn't any top MW that he can beat with this kind of performances.

Johnny had to deal with two pretty much controversial decision against Lawler and GSP
From my personnal past, I know that this kind of things can totally ruin your rmotivation so I wont blame Johnny for what happenend after that.
Now he is back in the winner circle it may really bring his motivation back and the old Johnny may be back
But I may be totally full of s**t

I think he has a chance with his power and wrestling.

Maybe not against the top 3 but could he beat Bisping or hang with Weidman? Maybe.

He's a former champion who beat the living shit out of GSP. He had massive problems keeping his weight (his own fault) and now he's getting his shit together. He was coming off a streak of losses with his confidence super low and Lombard welcoming you to MW is no joke.

Don't write him off so fast. He might surprise a lot of people.

Yea I don't know why people are gassing him up. Hector is the best matchup for him in that division.

Why y'all worried about Hendricks? Just let him bang, bro

He toweled up GSP. Is that the fight GSP was rambling about aliens afterwards? GSP's head looked like a half chewed mango.

Hendricks off the juice would get dominated by past prime GSP.

Dude went from world beater to possibly not even top10 anymore, all with the addition of a bit better drug testing.

GSP knew.

It's all up to Johnny. If he can keep his diet in check. He can come back to WW. But if he wants to eat. MW is where he will be. When you get older you naturally put on a little more weight. If he feels great at Mw that's all that matters.

Back