Am I the only one who felt like Hector won?

EliteClown

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
During the fight I was sure Hector had the first 2 rounds, so when I heard the announcement 2x 30-27 29-28 I was certain it was for Lombard, got really surprised by that decision.

I am not a Hectorn Lombard nuthugger, but it seems like he can never win a decision unless it's really dominant (like Shields fight).

I honestly also felt like he won the Okami and Boetsch fight

TS gimme your address so that i can find a good doctor in your area

Never ever did he win vs Okami. Not even close.

Yes, you are.

Hector did was outstruck and outgrappled in both 2 and 3, and round 1 was fairly even.

You can't keep getting kneed in the head and expect to win.

During the fight I was sure Hector had the first 2 rounds, so when I heard the announcement 2x 30-27 29-28 I was certain it was for Lombard, got really surprised by that decision.

I am not a Hectorn Lombard nuthugger, but it seems like he can never win a decision unless it's really dominant (like Shields fight).

I agree. Lombard won the first two rounds, although the second was much closer and I can kind of see how someone might score it for Hendricks but still thought Lombard edged him out. Also agree that a strong argument can be made for him winning the Okami and Boetsch fights. Personally I believe he more clearly won this one with Hendricks though. The Lombard haters would tell you otherwise in typical hater fashion but you really don't even have to be a fan of his to see he won this fight. You just have to know MMA.

I agree. Lombard won the first two rounds, although the second was much closer and I can kind of see how someone might score it for Hendricks but still thought Lombard edged him out. Also agree that a strong argument can be made for him winning the Okami and Boetsch fights. Personally I believe he more clearly won this one with Hendricks though. The Lombard haters would tell you otherwise in typical hater fashion but you really don't even have to be a fan of his to see he won this fight. You just have to know MMA.

lol Stop playing with his emotions.

I think he won too

The striking was fairly even, Jonny maybe landed a couple of extra shots but they had no effect

Hector landed a couple of takedowns, but did nothing with them

So i put it down to who was the agressor, and it was Hector constantly coming forward the entire time and backing Jonny up so i gave him the fight

It was a close fight but Hector was getting caught clean over and over while missing his own punches Johnny outstruck Hector not by much but just enough to get the win although i did have Hector winning the octagon control/aggression

sherdog pbp gave it to him too

if hector was american and hendricks foreign, there would be huge outrage

It was a close fight but Hector was getting caught clean over and over while missing his own punches Johnny outstruck Hector not by much but just enough to get the win although i did have Hector winning the octagon control/aggression

Hendricks pretty much only outstruck him in the 3rd. Looked like Lombard landed the more significant shots and pushed the pace in the 1st and 2nd. Close fight true, but it really isn't beyond reason to give it to Lombard based on that.

I thought it was decent even, but those repeated knees made me lean Hendricks. I dislike Hendricks, but thought that those helped him pull it out.sigh, I love Lombard, he keeps getting so close to winning, but just misses the finish and then gets Ko'd himself or loses winnable decisions.

Okami fight. Didnt he get domomated in that fight. By that i mean wrestle fucked 3 rounds but he clearly lost. But i thougt this was a clear cut hector round 1 johnny round 2 and 3. But im not a profesional like the judges

sherdog pbp gave it to him too
And almost every other media outlet gave it to Hendricks. I don't know what kind of drug some of you guys are smoking, but I'm happy that you are not official judges. You do not win matches by missing power punches, getting confused by your opponents footwork and by holding the fence.

It's not like any of Lombard's punches really hurt Hendricks, so it's pure lunacy say his strikes were somehow more significant. I think the knees Lombard ate with his chin were the most significant strikes in the fight.

I thought Lombard won the first, Johnny edged the 2nd, and then Johnny won the 3rd...though Lombard was starting to make a comeback at the end.
The judge that had it 30-27 is blind. That was a pretty close fight. They were both landing good shots.

Boring fight, doesn't matter who won, neither deserved it. A performance like that and I am fine with it going either way.

I think Hector was out boxed by Johny at later rounds, also got kneed to the head.

I had Hector winning as well but in all seriousness I don't really care. Loss for both of them and I haven't the slightest fuck of an idea what Hendricks will do at MW.

That's because you rate fights based on the potential the fighter has to win, not what actually happens. Many sherdoggers feel the same way.

I bet you also think Woodley and Akiyama beat Jake Shields.

Back