Does anyone actually believe GSP can make lightweight.

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's too big imo.

GSP is just trying to enhance his image. "Oh look at me, small guy fighting in welterweight division. I am actually a lightweight". Dude will never make lightweight, and he will never move up to his real division, the middleweight division. He just don't want Conor to take his shine.

Conor dominated featherweight. Then went up to his real division and dominated there. And then went up another weight class and outboxed the best boxer at welterweight.

I lost respect for GSP when he came up with this BS.

I don't believe it yet, but I won't say it's impossible. I'm just skeptical.

His "real" division is WW though, not MW.

He's too big imo.

GSP is just trying to enhance his image. "Oh look at me, small guy fighting in welterweight division. I am actually a lightweight". Dude will never make lightweight, and he will never move up to his real division, the middleweight division. He just don't want Conor to take his shine.

Conor dominated featherweight. Then went up to his real division and dominated there. And then went up another weight class and outboxed the best boxer at welterweight.

So, your name is brainwash?

1418.gif

stanley.gif

eba15bbf137b6e20e1f5eebad94d4743.gif

GSP fought at Welterweight pre USADA so it's not unlikely to think that he fights at Lightweight now. He is just marginally taller than McG who fought at Featherweight.

I lost respect for your post when you referred to Nate Diaz as a WW. Then it lost all credibility when you called him the best boxer at WW

He's too big imo.

RDA walked around 195 when he was wrecking shop at 155.

Food for thought. Even for your troll-ass.

he could probably make it but not comfortably

he's a guy who should be at WW he's about normal sized there

I agree that it is unlikely that GSP makes 155 and I also agree that he's saying that to play up how small he is in the WW division.

However, that said, some guys can do crazy weight cuts. One relevant example is Gleison Tibau, a notoriously extreme weight-cutter, he's about as tall as GSP at 5'10" and he is more muscular. He somehow can make 155, so I think it's possible GSP can make 155, though it would be unlikely and pointless.

image.JPG
gleison-tibau.jpg

Oh and this guy at 6' can also make 155.
008_Sage_Northcutt.0.0.jpg

He is a pretty big guy. Before, he could obviously not make 155, but after USADA it is difficult to say what happens. We saw What happened to GSPs friend, Weidman, losing 20 lbs of muscle. I hope he looks the same at 170.

It gets more difficult to cut weight as you get older. GSP is now 3 years older and he's not allowed to use an IV. I'm not sure I *want* to see him cutting 15 more pounds under those conditions to be honest.

Do I think he can make the weight? He said he could himself so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If Rumble could make 170 and Cole Miller could make featherweight than I suspect it would be possible. There are some truly remarkable (and unhealthy) weight cuts going on in MMA today.

He's too big imo.

0/10

Firas is his trainer. Why would he contradict his own fighter. I bet you believe everything Donald Trump says.

TS thinks he knows better than the man himself and his trainer

Firas is his trainer. Why would he contradict his own fighter. I bet you believe everything Donald Trump says.

I didn't say I believed Firas, nor did I mention Trump.

I was informing those who don't know about where talk of GSP at 155 originated. From Firas.

GSP is just trying to enhance his image. "Oh look at me, small guy fighting in welterweight division. I am actually a lightweight". Dude will never make lightweight, and he will never move up to his real division, the middleweight division.

Well which is it Sparky? Is he a small guy fighting WW or a natural MW?

He will be back fighting WW, that's it. Won't give up height/weight advantage to MW and won't do serious cut to LW

If he says he can, he can. The man has been more honest about his strengths and weaknesses than any fighter I can think of.

He also said it would be a difficult cut and he values his health too much to do it because of the strain it puts on your kidneys.

The only way he makes that LW weight is to remain dead in a coffin for couple of years, so that juiced up roid meat decomposes<13>

Tired of how people get to just accuse people of steroids with no consequences.

Reported, let's see if there's any interest in enforcing the rules of this forum.

Back