The punch that dropped Travis Browne - you decide

Pitier of Fools

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Here's the punch in a series of still shots. It looks to me like the punch didn't even connect. Even if his pinkie did scrape against the top of Travis' head, I don't see how that wobbles someone. What do you think?

Picture1_zpsnbvej66w.png

Picture2_zpsyhor41as.png

Picture3_zpsgyxu5ifx.png

Picture4_zps5ieprxmv.png

You think 4 frames are enough to show a punch

It hit him and he was in a awkward hunched position and it pushed him back

Then he gat KOd on the ground

I just posted this, & thought the same thing. Weird.

It's on the crown of the head, as well.

|I'd guess is a "Mirko/Dos Caras" situation where the punch deflected off of his head, that doesn't mean it didn't land with power.

You think 4 frames are enough to show a punch

It hit him and he was in a awkward hunched position and it pushed him back

Then he gat KOd on the ground
But it didn't push him back at all. His head is in exactly the same position before and after.

This has Edmund's "head movement" audio edited in, but it also shows a big punch appear to completely miss.

I was thinking the same thing but it's weird, once they showed the over-head angle from the other side you can see the impact as it skips off the top of Travis' head.

you missed the frame where the punch landed and rattled Travis' skull

They replayed it from a different angle and it landed pretty nicely.
Could not have happened to a nicer person

There was a better angle shown

edit:

time stamped

Last edited:
Did you see the other angle? Shows the punch clearly landing.

They showed a replay of it from a camera up above the fighters. You can see the punch connected on his forehead.

This has Edmund's "head movement" audio edited in, but it also shows a big punch appear to completely miss.

Fuck Lewis really plays for keeps. I'm tempted to vehemently deplore such behaviour after a W, but the DV accusations muddy things haha. End of the day it's a brutal business.

you guys need to start watching this shit in HD.

Back