Well.....can't blame Edmundo for Travis getting another beat down....

VERBAL-FEDOR

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let me start by saying, I hate Edmund aka Count Chocula as much as anyone and think he is a terrible "coach"....

But Travis Browne is/was never what he was hyped to be....

He "beat" Overeem after getting smashed and tooled and AO ran out of gas smashing him

Bigfoot destroyed him

Barnett win was questionable with those illegal elbows

Tonight, well he pretty much looked the same as always and got smashed ....

Let's give Edmund a break and realize there is not much he(or anybody) can do with Hapa

I think retraining or eliminating bad habits is something that takes time and doesn't happen over night. When did Travis leave Edmund? It may take a good amount of time with his new coaches to get back to where he was years ago.

I think retraining or eliminating bad habits is something that takes time and doesn't happen over night. When did Travis leave Edmund? It may take a good amount of time with his new coaches to get back to where he was years ago.
Yeah and this KO will not help the timeline either

And there are posts bashing Yama-Kama-kazi but Travis said himself before the fight he would rather die than lose this fight....

Mario was trying to make sure Travis kept his word

No thanks. Edmond has screwed 3 professional fighters over. Why would anybody cut the phony a break.

To be fair, he went 2-3 with Edmund, while going 2-5 in his last 7 fights.

Still cant believe Hapa let him off the hook in the first.

Edmund destroyed a good fighter and now the damage is done.

Honestly I think a bit of both, Browne's early success was you could argue not really the result of showing quality in the cage but rather those verging on illegal elbows that opponents didn't expect and then Overeem not getting the TKO and gassing himself. Still though he does seem to have become progressively less impressive under Edmond.

During that good amount of time he's picked up too many shots to the head and cognitive decline.

poor Edmund all the stiff necks found him, really sad for edmund

He is already looking better than before and utilizing his kicks a lot more. He came pretty close to finishing black beast. Staying away from Edmond for a long period of time would do him wonders.

To be fair, at least Edmund is consistent with results

Honestly I think a bit of both, Browne's early success was you could argue not really the result of showing quality in the cage but rather those verging on illegal elbows that opponents didn't expect and then Overeem not getting the TKO and gassing himself. Still though he does seem to have become progressively less impressive under Edmond.

Those elbows weren't even close to being illegal.

He looked so good when he first came to the UFC, the way he moved was ridiculous for a heavyweight. There were glimpses of that again tonight, but alas. He definitely looked like he was moving like his old self. Still have hope he can make another good run.

i sure the hell can blame Testaverde; it takes a lot of time to forget shit habits.

Back