Censorship: UFC Uploads Derrick Lewis' Post-Fight Interview... After Editing It

James Baller

Black Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Derrick-Lewis-645x370.jpg

After the excitement that was Derrick Lewis' thrilling come from behind knockout of fellow heavyweight martial-artist Travis Browne Sunday night, I missed the post-fight interview. Damn it. So, I waited for it to be uploaded to Youtube... and waited.

Bored of waiting, I read some of what Lewis had to say on MMAFighting. Lewis, ever the embodiment of the UFC's long forgotten slogan "As Real as It Gets(!)" - did not mince words in regards to his disdain for his opponent.

"He may call himself a man, but he likes to put his hands on a woman. So forget that guy. I got much more heart than he has. Where's Ronda Rousey's fine ass at?"

usa_today_9889140.1487567753.jpg

Tremendous. I continued reading more of what he said (Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/2...-results-derrick-lewis-clobbers-travis-browne) and I got a real kick out of it. I'm an American, and living here in the 2010s, it's become something a novelty, a man who actually speaks his mind. Conor McGregor. Donald Trump. Imperfect winners, but in conversation they will be the first to admit as much. Unlike the ones who censor. Lewis is of the same clotch - a genuine article. A man who stands out from the rest.

His responses to Stann in regards to what was a difficult first round for him were yet another example of why fans like myself like him. "I just gotta do a number two, that's all."

Finally the UFC uploaded the video, I immediately clicked on it, wanting to hear his words for myself. And was... not surprisingly... disappointed. Here it is. Notice anything missing?

That's right. No words of Browne's alleged violence towards women nor of Rousey's "fine ass". It must be stated, Browne was never charged with commiting a crime, and the UFC conducted an "investigation" and felt there was no reason to not allow the heavyweight to continue with his martial-arts journey (Source: http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement-On-Travis-Browne-082815?id=). Though the merits of the investigation have been questioned, ultimately the verdict stands.

That said, it's a shame the UFC felt the need to censor a real hot commodity they have in Lewis. But again - it's not surprising in the times we live in is it?

After all is said and done I guess this venting I do in the form of writing could have all been condensed to the following phrase: War Black Beast!
643015800-ufc-fight-night-lewis-v-browne-850x560.jpg

Last edited:
they might be trying to avoid a legal situation. doing him a favor tbh although i agree with him

Why even bother with interviews if you're going to edit them

Lol'd at this, but if it avoids a confrontation with legal then alright. War black beast

They shouldn't have censored it. That kind of interview could help Lewis become a mainstream name

It was classic black beast. I loved it, all of Houston was supporting this guy tonight.

I kind of figured they would do that....but I'm glad I got to hear it live.

Mentioning the domestic abuse allegations & Ronda clearly made UFC sweat, they don't want to offend their golden cow. Stann was about to take the mic away from him mid-interview. They also cut the post-fight presser short as soon as he brought it up.

Black beast aint even close to mcgregor or trump

No one was censoring Tyson when he threatened to eat his opponent's children and called him a white pussy.

They kept the part where he said "I'm not with all this snow, ya'll can have that shit" so it's OK

Blocked for me what ever he said.

WAR BLACK BEAST!

Lol ronda holding all kinds of L's.

I would have loved to be there and lick her tears as she watched her man get put in a dream state.

I Wasn't watching, can anyone get their mitts on the original?

It's fucked up to just edit it out like that, as if nothing happened.

If they wanted to censor it, they should just put a beep over the parts they didn't want to be released. That way whoever wanted to find out what happened would be able to look it up for themselves.

Jesus Travis looks like he dead in TS's picture

You guys it's on Fox which is a hugely public channel. No shit they're going to censor it lol. Especially if it makes the sport look by bad Lewis calling Travis a woman beater.

Back