Hendricks looked great, but whats he expect to do at MW?

Evenflow80

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Honestly he looked great. Fast and energetic and stronger.

However now what? Beating a 5'7" guy who is an anamoly himself at MW doesn't mean he can hang with giants like Rockhold or Weidman or Jacare.

What does he realistically expect? Just fun fights and a paycheck ?

I dont see why he cant win the title. He's looked down upon because he's 5'9 and nothing else. No reason a 5'9 man can't be a beast at 185

Hector is 5'9"

& he made a good point at the press conference...he just fought 6'4" 80+" reach, Magny & didn't have trouble on the feet & imo was robbed of the W...he can definitely find success vs longer guys. Just depends on their weight I suppose.

Fun fights?

Not really his forte.

Honestly he looked great. Fast and energetic and stronger.

However now what? Beating a 5'7" guy who is an anamoly himself at MW doesn't mean he can hang with giants like Rockhold or Weidman or Jacare.

What does he realistically expect? Just fun fights and a paycheck ?
As a former champ, we know Jonny is a very high caliber fighter. I would want him to fight Mr Jacare Souza or Mr Rockhold next. Go big or go home.

Gastellum was thrown into the deep end vs Mr Kennedy.

I dont see why he cant win the title. He's looked down upon because he's 5'9 and nothing else. No reason a 5'9 man can't be a beast at 185
He is a former champ and I would hope he is thrown into contention soon to really prove he belongs. I don't think he wants to be a journey man at 185

Hector is 5'9"

& he made a good point at the press conference...he just fought 6'4" 80+" reach, Magny & didn't have trouble on the feet & imo was robbed of the W...he can definitely find success vs longer guys. Just depends on their weight I suppose.

How was he robbed when Magny finished him?

He did not look great lol. His punching power has vanished. He looked slow compared to Lombard. But Lombard is 39 and hasn't looked good recently. Johny looks fat but he did have more energy. I expect him to mightily struggle with the top 5-10 guys.

I didn't think he looked very good. Honestly he's lucky he won

Lombard looked hesitant. I think Hendricks did get his attention wih some of the power shots and tricky shit he landed in the second

I think his wrestling is good enough to make him contend, but the upper tier of the division will fuck him up unless he really adds on some size. Romero, Jacare, Rockhold.. He would be a huge dog in those fights

He looked horrible I thought, he did not win that fight, he won the third round that was it.

poster above me nailed it

first round he did nothing
second round was a bit more lively
third round he turned it up cause Hector was knackered

at no point did he look like the Hendricks of say 2 years ago (speculate on reasons why if you will)

he looked very very average tonight, the MW top 5 will destroy him with no difficulty and the top 10 will probably do him some real harm as well

6 - 10 is
Whittaker
Anderson
Vitor
Brunson
Gastelum

I mean he could squeek a decision past Vitor perhaps, but realistically the entire top 10 will beat him quite handily

I actually really like Hendricks I must say as well

Hendricks looked great? Seriously? I thought he looked like the same old boring Hendricks we've been seeing as of late. Only difference is that he made weight this time. I also had Lombard winning that fight.

As a former champ, we know Jonny is a very high caliber fighter. I would want him to fight Mr Jacare Souza or Mr Rockhold next. Go big or go home.

Gastellum was thrown into the deep end vs Mr Kennedy.
And won, Gastelum has fought at MW and won a few times now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back