Lewis Would Have Trouble Against Overeem

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Overeem has the most devastating attacks to the body of anyone in The UFC. He's lucky he wasn't in there with Overeem tonight. If his stomach was hurting after Browne's kicks, he would have been in real trouble dealing with Overeem's kicks and knees.

For sure. However, if Lewis touched Overeem's chin just one time...

Realistically, he'd have trouble with most of the top ten.

He's pretty much Roy Nelson without the iron jaw.

lewis can knock him out too. Reem doesnt have the best chin.

I'm pretty confident in saying Overeem is physically the most talented guy in that division by a long shot. Even in his losses he's generally spending significant time out classing his opponent. He just makes some real questionable decisions, and has some real questionable endurance. I don't feel like lewis's chin is good enough to survive the initial precision onslaught, but I could be wrong.

Overeem would try to use kicks like Browne did and keep Lewis away. Maybe he'd do a better job than Browne. Maybe he'd get caught just like Travis did.

The thing is, Overeem likes to clinch. Lewis can throw some power in the clinch and has a decent wrestling game, so Overeem should be careful.

Overeem is the best offensive striker in the division period, maybe in the whole UFC.

But I wouldnt be surprised if Lewis touches that glass chin once and its all over

I like Lewis but I didn't like the first round. Overeem would have made him pay big time for not coming forward.

Overeem would put a beating on Lewis. It would be a cringe inducing onslaught of violence and destruction that would leave Lewis battered. Right up until Lewis knocks Overeem the fuck out.

Fight would be a repeat of Reem/Browne, Overeem would wreck him early...only to get KTFO moments later.

I just wonder if Overeem could even survive even one of Lewis' wild, uncoordinated, blitzing attacks. I feel like if he gets touched even once in that flurry, Overeem is getting stunned, and most likely finished.

Overeem would win dominate the first round then get knocked out by a jab in the second

I'm still not sold on Lewis really... He can possibly get close to top 5 but I think all those guys beat him.

black beast jab would K.o Overeem into retirement

Yup, this could 2 ways :

- Overeem vs Rogers or Overeem vs. Bigfoot.

Derrick Lewis Takes Shot at Alistair Overeem

http://www.lowkickmma.com/News/derrick-lewis-takes-shot-at-alistair-overeem/

derrick-lewis.jpg

So, who does Lewis have in mind as his next opponent? Provided he defeats Hunt? Well, while speaking to UFC.com recently, the heavy-handed fighter had this to say:

“If I fight the top guys, whenever it’s time for me to renegotiate, it’ll be easier to upgrade to that number that I throw at them,” Lewis said. “That’s the only reason why I want to fight the top guys.”

“If I could fight the toughest guy after Mark Hunt, I’ll fight him, but I don’t even know who’s the toughest guy after him,” Lewis added. “Overeem, he’s on a win streak, but he don’t have a chin.”

tenor.gif

Back