Hendricks looks phenomenal

He really does look much better. Night and day.

phenomenally bad and dumb

he should have lost this fight so he could be at bellator with his vitamins

now onto losing terribly to his next opponent

Yeah, he looks pretty good. He's looking like a little Rothwell in there.
Solid chin, good cardio, good movement, even saw some jumping knee shit

He buried some demons in that cage. That's the first time he appeared to be having fun in there in years.

It's the best he's looked in a long time. Not sure why Nelson and Sloan gave Lombard round 2.

Phenomenal? He did well but not phenomenal

Could you picture him fighting Silva next?

Hendricks is hated on Sherdog so don't expect many people to agree (he doesn't beat top 5 MWs but he looked good tonight)

He looked ok. Guess he can be a top 10 but not top 5.

Another poster boy for no murdeerous weight cuts I hope. Fast, crisp hands, actual defensive footwork, good cardio/activity, HEAD MOVEMENT, powerful leg kicks, and a pretty nasty step knee. The best he's looked since 2014 easily.

Mother of god....are you serious?

He buried some demons in that cage. That's the first time he appeared to be having fun in there in years.

I think this is the most important point to be made.

He made two really critical errors in his career - the first of course when he left Team Takedown and parted ways with his head coach Marc Laimon. They couldn't come to terms over money, so he split and has been 'his own boss' the last few years.

Johny is simply not the type of guy that should run his own camps, and it showed in how utterly unprepared he was for his last few fights.

The second critical error has been weight management. The guy just straight up lacks discipline with his diet. Moving to 185lbs took one of his problems off the table, and that in of itself made a much more confident Johny Hendricks show up in the cage.

Personally I think he's just too small for competing with elite middleweights. As dangerous as Lombard is, he's past his prime and is fringe 'elite' as a middleweight at this point.

Johny should get rid of the dad bod, make amends with Marc Laimon, get his diet in order, and make a run at the 170lbs title.

Lombard was the only top guy he matched up with in size though. The rest of the top MW's are going to seriously dwarf him. It's not the height but the reach disadvantage he'll have.

Another poster boy for no murdeerous weight cuts I hope. Fast, crisp hands, actual defensive footwork, good cardio/activity, HEAD MOVEMENT, powerful leg kicks, and a pretty nasty step knee. The best he's looked since 2014 easily.

Edmund to the rescue.

He looked good, but he was fighting another welterweight/smallish middleweight.

I will be interested how he handles the 6'0+ monsters in the division.

Back