Very Early Stoppage in Santos Fight

MMAcolyte

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
That was sooo early. Gotta give the guy more of a chance than that.

Not early, he went out on the second GNP shot and came back with the third.

Marshman was done. His head was bounced off the canvas multiple times.

Totally agree. There's a lot of bitching about early stops that aren't really early, but they didn't even give marshman a chance to defend.

I wouldn't say "Very" early, but it was a little early.

after replay santos was landing some pretty good shots. but would have liked to see the ref let it go on a tad more to see if marsman would have been able to recover.

It wasn't as atrocious as many are pointing out.

Marshman was just flailing his arms to the left. Still took 3 to 4 flush shots with his head bouncing off the mat. Not exactly "properly defending yourself"

That was awesome. But I feel we and Marshman got robbed there. I honestly think he would've recoverd
for some reason. Taking nothing away from Santos that was good stuff, but man I wish that fight would've kept going. Great fight though

i'm on fence on stoppage. He ate 2 hard shots on ground.

Man, at that point, I didn't care. If it kept going and Santos lost, WME would've just let a promising prospect go. Incredibly happy that he gets to stick around now.

Lol - Go home, you're drunk.

2nd, 3rd and 4th shots all bounced Marshman's head off the canvas. Get new glasses.

Besides, it's 1:20 in the arvo here. I've only been drinking for 3 hours.

It was early because the ref jumped into marshman's defenses. At least give him 3 more seconds

At first I thought it was early, but after watching the replay you can see that Marshman goes out after the 2nd or 3rd ground strike.

Good stoppage.

2nd, 3rd and 4th shots all bounced Marshman's head off the canvas. Get new glasses.

Besides, it's 1:20 in the arvo here. I've only been drinking for 3 hours.
Who cares? He was never unconscious.

What the fucks an arvo?

Santos landed his wheelkick and knocked Marshman down. Marshman's head was up and off the mat the entire time as Thiago threw some GnP, he was alert and defending until the ref stepped in and stopped it.

Was Thiago Santos def. Jack Marshman and early stoppage?

Back