Joe Rogan: "What if Conor Mcgregor fouls Mayweather?"

MysticNinjaJay

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I saw this video in another thread where they discuss Georges St. Pierre returning and then bring up the possibility that if McGregor starts losing he may just start using MMA techniques on Mayweather. Rogan says that if this happened Mayweather is fucked. What do you think? Could this happen? I think that if Mcgregor did that he would be immediately disqualified and be seen as a disgrace to sports. If he had that mentality then this should fight should be in the UFC under MMA rules. But I don't think McGregor would even do that. His reputation is important to him. I'm sure he just wants the big paycheck, he will do his best to knock him out and then afterwards (I fully expect him to lose) he can go back to the UFC and fight until he feels like retiring.

Conor has said that he worries about brain damage and doesn't want to fight too long so I see this whole fight as a scheme to help ensure that he has as much money as he can get so he can return with as much financial security as possible. Committing a foul by doing MMA in a Boxing match doesn't help him.

Conor takes down Floyd in the ring and there will be 25 TBE members in the ring stomping on Conor's head.

All Conor has to do is land one good punch
And I don't mean to win
he just needs to land his left, stagger Floyd then take his ass beating and lose a decision - and that's a win for Conor. 50-75 million and dude is dropping the mic and leaving.

He's going to give it a good faith effort, he might dump Floyd in the clinch or taunt him with karate stances or something, but he won't foul or get himself DQ'd

He'd be considered a bitch...

By damn near everyone who doesn't get a hard on by the mere mention of his name.

People would never look at him the same afterwards and his legacy would be mired by pathetic controversy - that makes him look like a coward.

Conor takes down Floyd in the ring and there will be 25 TBE members in the ring stomping on Conor's head.

This. Roger and Floyd Sr. via Shogun headstomp.

Last edited:
Intentionally fouling is just looking for a way out, plain and simple.

He would LOSE HIS PURSE.

He would possibly GET SUED...and justifiably so.

He would be even MORE of a laughing stock because of acting the fool.

He would basically...expedite the true END of his career.

And of course, TONS of people would complain about having bought the PPV...and that would be a MESS.

So, in conclusion, Rogan is a dumbfuck, and Conor will never fight Floyd in the first place.

Considering that an intentional DQ usually means you give up 20% of your purse, it would cost Conor millions, meaning it would be completely idiotic.

MMA techniques in a boxing match will get you disqualified.

He'd probably get killed by someone a few months later

Conor knows he can't win a boxing match against Floyd, I'd say he's just going to go in there throw a head-kick KTFO Mayweather, get DQ'd and not give a fuck.

Pretty sure Floyd knows this as a distinct possibility and will write it into their contracts and tie DQ with purse. He won't pull that shit.

People are forgetting that there will be boxing gloves not MMA gloves. McGregor is likely not knocking out anyone with boxing gloves with one punch let alone Mayweather. Even though Floyd is 40, he is the real boxing deal, McGregor is not.

Teddy Atlas floated that theory a while ago:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ufc/588992/Conor-McGregor-Floyd-Mayweather-Teddy-Atlas

“If McGregor really can’t win the fight standing up, under (boxing) rules — and those would be the rules — then why would he take it? Because he would break the rules,” Atlas told ESPN.

“He would come in there, he would break the rules, he would pin, pin him, and then he would proclaim himself as the ‘king of the ring’. Even though he might lose the purse money, his brand would go through the roof.

Atlas then warned Mayweather to prepare for McGregor pulling a crazy stunt which would embarrass him.

I disagree with it though. If McGregor lost his purse money, it wouldn't be worth the notoriety he'd have gotten from such a foul. He could retire off this fight.

I saw this video in another thread where they discuss Georges St. Pierre returning and then bring up the possibility that if McGregor starts losing he may just start using MMA techniques on Mayweather. Rogan says that if this happened Mayweather is fucked. What do you think? Could this happen? I think that if Mcgregor did that he would be immediately disqualified and be seen as a disgrace to sports. If he had that mentality then this should fight should be in the UFC under MMA rules. But I don't think McGregor would even do that. His reputation is important to him. I'm sure he just wants the big paycheck, he will do his best to knock him out and then afterwards (I fully expect him to lose) he can go back to the UFC and fight until he feels like retiring.

Conor has said that he worries about brain damage and doesn't want to fight too long so I see this whole fight as a scheme to help ensure that he has as much money as he can get so he can return with as much financial security as possible. Committing a foul by doing MMA in a Boxing match doesn't help him.

Yes he could do it and it wouldnt even be intentional.Look at riggs in bare knuckle boxing he took the guy down in the first round just because its a reflex then in the second used a superman punch they said was illegal as well.If you train something for years and years it becomes ingrained in you.

Back