Why do heavyweights fight less often?

Carwinism

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I noticed this with most heavyweights. They all fight once, maybe twice a year. Why is this?

Cain doesn't fight once or twice a year.

The division is lacking depth and it takes more time for logical match ups to align.

The chub is heavy on the knees

Because Their FAT!
jvsnd.png

Black Beast fought 4 times last year and is headlining tonight, wtf you talking bout Willis. The guy he last beat, Shamil Abubaboobaboo, fought 3 times last year. And the guy BB is fighting tonight also fought 3 times last year. Ngannou fought 3 times last year too, and the guy he last beat, Andrei Arlovski, also fought 3 times last year. I'm not even cherry picking. A lot of fighters pull out of fights though, and it makes their opponents fight less often than they normally would through no fault of their own.

Alot of the division has been complaining about lack of activity and ufc matchmaking recently.. I think Roy nelson and jds both complained about this.. The fighters are waiting 2 fight, the ufc just ain't schedule them

Because Heavyweight is the epitome of spectacle, high skill technicality and $'s in mixed martial arts, and wise promotions only roll em out on special occasions. Wisely.

It's because they have to put on so much weight for their fights. It's not easy gaining that much mass for a fight.

UFC doesn't book them often. They can fight more often.

WAY BETTER THAN HAVE WMMA HEADLINING TOO FUCKING OFTEN

I noticed this with most heavyweights. They all fight once, maybe twice a year. Why is this?
They're like Pandas.

They have to eat a lot of food and store up energy by lumbering around slowly, and they only fight if absolutely necessary, like when confronted with another panda that won't back down. Happens about once a year.

Alot of the division has been complaining about lack of activity and ufc matchmaking recently.. I think Roy nelson and jds both complained about this.. The fighters are waiting 2 fight, the ufc just ain't schedule them

I noticed Big Country has fought a lot less in the last yeas. Didn't know he was complaining about that

not a particularly deep division, injury plagued and they earn more money than fighters in the lower weight classes so they don't have to fight 3-4 times a year

even average HW's like Browne earn good money

Back