UFC is GOAT athleticism in all sports (Proof inside)

The bad boy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do you keep your svelte figure, Johny? "Simple. Eat the burger not the fries" - J Hendicks, c. 2016

BiggRiggBurgers.jpg

A level athletes

20151002034011_5D3_2157.JPG

A level striking

OKygY2s.gif

A level grappling

6zHTV2CywWav-sRuMNzduAX548SyFMPcE7n9wCbNFBQ.gif

How can other sports even compete???

Yeah, this thread isn't BIAS at all...

How do you keep your svelte figure, Johny? "Simple. Eat the burger not the fries" - J Hendicks, c. 2016

BiggRiggBurgers.jpg

A level athletes

20151002034011_5D3_2157.JPG

A level striking

OKygY2s.gif

A level grappling

6zHTV2CywWav-sRuMNzduAX548SyFMPcE7n9wCbNFBQ.gif

How can other sports even compete???
GSP, Yoel Romero, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Sean Sherk, Vitor Belfort, and Demetrious Johnson are some of the best athletes on the planet.

This thread is bias nit-picking BS, there are fat slobs in every sport.

I hate sherdog level stuff (ovah 9000!)...

but no thread about athleticism is complete without Bethe:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This is stupid. Maia will never be an even decent striker, but he is a phenomenal grappler. Conor is a great striker with very good tdd, but his groundgame will never be top notch.

Baseballplayers, footballplayers, alpinestars often look flubby, but it doesn't mean they don't do great.

I dont even watch other combat sports-whats the point?? UFC has the best athletes and fighters in the world. They would go into other sports and literally KILL, EVERYONE.

You guys are forgetting that Rousey would kill Mayweather in a boxing ring, under boxing rules. And thats a female -how do you think a male would do?

Middling guys like Brian Caraway could go into any combat sport he chose to. He just sticks around the UFC for the massive paychecks and F-level celebrity, you dummies.

NBA players are by far the best athletes on the planet. Even the worst NBA player would be one of the best in any other sport had they chosen that path. Nobody comes close.

NBA players are by far the best athletes on the planet. Even the worst NBA player would be one of the best in any other sport had they chosen that path. Nobody comes close.

I agree that Nba stars are elite but no one can come close to the athleticism of male gymnasts.

GSP, Yoel Romero, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Sean Sherk, Vitor Belfort, and Demetrious Johnson are some of the best athletes on the planet.

All proven juice heads apart from like 2 of them lol

I agree that Nba stars are elite but no one can come close to the athleticism of male gymnasts.

For someone who isn't a gymnast, 200lbs+ and nearly 40 years old Romero is an absolute freak.

giphy.gif

tumblr_mqdhz1jhcv1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The top players in any sport that moves money are top athletes: NFL, NBA, and so on. Also, remember there is male international soccer that is played by a much bigger gene pool selects freaks to its higher echelons.

Athleticism involves many things. A marathoner is athletic, but not for Sherbros.

SEAN SHERK

The top players in any sport that moves money are top athletes: NFL, NBA, and so on. Also, remember there is male international soccer that is played by a much bigger gene pool selects freaks to its higher echelons.

Athleticism involves many things. A marathoner is athletic, but not for Sherbros.
I'm sorry but even the worst NBA player would be the greatest soccer player. If Messi and Ronaldo are the best soccer has to offer then you cannot say soccer has "freak" athletes.

Lebron is a 6'8 270 lbs player who has a 40 inch vertical and can run faster than any 150 lbs soccer player. That is the definition of a freak athlete.

I'm sorry but even the worst NBA player would be the greatest soccer player. If Messi and Ronaldo are the best soccer has to offer then you cannot say soccer has "freak" athletes.

Lebron is a 6'8 270 lbs player who has a 40 inch vertical and can run faster than any 150 lbs soccer player. That is the definition of a freak athlete.

And his body and set of motor skills are greatly apt for Basketball. Could be useful in other sports. He would not necessarily be a "top soccer player", and I guarantee you, he is physically incapable of doing basic movements in gymnastics just because of his size.

"Athleticism" is not just an arbitrary thing you choose to define. There are physiological parameters that can be measured and population factors. Sports that recruit from large gene pools are more difficult to make to the top by definition. That sport is....soccer.

Messi, Ronaldo and so on are "freaks": motor skills, speed, reflexes etc etc.

- I'm an NBA fan too....but I like sports in general and it just isn't that simple.

And his body and set of motor skills are greatly apt for Basketball. Could be useful in other sports. He would not necessarily be a "top soccer player", and I guarantee you, he is physically incapable of doing basic movements in gymnastics just because of his size.

"Athleticism" is not just an arbitrary thing you choose to define. There are physiological parameters that can be measured and population factors. Sports that recruit from large gene pools are more difficult to make to the top by definition. That sport is....soccer.

Messi, Ronaldo and so on are "freaks": motor skills, speed, reflexes etc etc.

- I'm an NBA fan too....but I like sports in general and it just isn't that simple.
I assure you Lebron can do more than just the basic movements of gymnastics. I don't think you understand quite how athletic NBA players really are. I've played soccer, basketball and hockey in local leagues growing up and still do. I know the athleticism it takes to play in all those sports.

Let me put it this way, Lebron at 270 lbs can probably do 90% of the movements most gymnists can do. But ask a gymnist to gain weight until he/she is 270 lbs and ask them to do those same movements. Most probably wouldn't even be able to get out of bed.

99% of NCAA basketball players will never make it to the NBA, but even they are world class athletes. I've played with a couple of ballers who made it to division 1 and even the guys who were only playing 2-3mins a game were INSANE athletes. Theres a guy at my YMCA who is 6'6 210 lbs, he's really explosive and can jump really high and shoot lights out. But he couldn't even get minutes in college.

NBA players are the definition of freaks.

Back