How to get a cat to like you.

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
MODS - PLEASE PLEASE MOVE TO MAYBERRY

I'm having to watch my parent's cat while they're on vacation for a month and the thing does not like me. Do any cat people in here have experience with this ? I come home, I get hissed at, it wants to murder me and I don't think this is working out. I went online and people just say that some cats are not good at being domesticated, but it is a domesticated cat. I honestly hate coming home and feel off in my own damn place.

Feed it treats

Dont bother it at all (trying to play with it, etc), if it wants anything to do with you it will make the first move

Cats are fucking annoying and can be clingy as fuck. Best case scenario it eats and sleeps all day in a room other than your own.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who makes Mayberry threads in the heavies by accident

Just give the cat a rotissary chicken

done and done

Well the cat doesn't know you. Give him your attention. Food and hugs

Feed it and wait for it to get comfortable around you. Then pet it to win it over.

Cat nip always works for playtime

Completely ignore the cat, and if possible set up a few extra places up high for it to chill out. Within a few days the hissing should stop, the cat just feels insecure and needs to feel safe. A way to do this is set up a cat tree or allow access on top of a bookshelf and don't even look at the cat when its up there.

Source : crazy ex had 2 cats that hated me

It's just not used to you. Try giving it treats, and pet it a bunch. It'll come around.

It could just be an asshole cat though.

Sound like a pussy. You're doing just fine.

1. Set its food down when the cat tells you to
2. Clean its box before it tells you to

Otherwise don't bother it.

Simple

I know a guy

tumblr_mpjkcxWFQh1ssvapgo1_500.jpg

Cats suck. Give it away to some methhead on craigslist and get your parents a dog, I'm sure they'll thank you.

Mods - please do your jobs and move this to Mayberry. Unless you're wanting me to get bashed for 10 pages.

Back