Dont you guys think Cruz would like to be Wand sometimes?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I feel that Cruz has a brawler, a berserker, inside that small man's body of his, he just needs to unleash the beast on his opponents and stop dancing too much... He showed a great chin against Cody... Just go for it next time, son, and put Garbrandt away.

I agree.When he looks at Chuck,you can see the lust in his eyes.I am sure he wants to fuck him!

Cruz wants to be like Wand as much as Dana wants to be like Bjork Rebney.

I thought he was gonna smoke Necktat, and I was way fucking wrong. After watching that fight it is pretty clear that Cruz needs to work on his boxing. You obviously can't just be a boxer in MMA, you need to be able to defend takedowns, defend off of your back if you are taken down, and be able to get back up. But if you are able to keep the fight standing, being a good boxer seems to be the best way to go. And obviously, you have to be able to defend kicks.

Well he can't be someone like Wandy because he doesn't have that knockout power and swings weird windmill punches with nothing on them

Cruz doesn't want brain damage.

I thought he was gonna smoke Necktat, and I was way fucking wrong. After watching that fight it is pretty clear that Cruz needs to work on his boxing. You obviously can't just be a boxer in MMA, you need to be able to defend takedowns, defend off of your back if you are taken down, and be able to get back up. But if you are able to keep the fight standing, being a good boxer seems to be the best way to go. And obviously, you have to be able to defend kicks.

Hmmm. By the end of the 4th round, I had it 3-1 to Garbandt and thought Cruz would try going for some sort of a finish and his corner had to know he was down on the score cards - but it didn't look like he had a plan B - it was much the same in the final round and he didn't really seem to change it up much.

It's still a unique way he fights and one that can still give anyone trouble, imo. But on the night, Garbrandt was composed, didn't go head hunting and dropped Cruz a couple of times, which possibly was the opposite of what Cruz was expecting.

Can't discount the effect Garbrandt clowning on him had too.

How do you convince a savvy guy like Cruz to keep coming forward and let you tee off on him? Just so.

Kind of like GSP is virtually identical to Igor Vovchanchyn
I can see it

Looked like he did more brawling than i have ever saw him do before in his last fight, and he was outclassed pretty bad.

His aggressiveness is exactly what cost him vs Cody.
It worked well for him against both TJ (it's really how he won that fight) and Faber
He has a tendency to bite down and brawl when backed down, metaphorically too it seems since he started to brawl once he knew he was fighting from down - something he hadn't experienced before

Going to be interesting to see if he can keep that underwraps if he winds up down a couple rounds, or backed into a corner in another fight

who wouldn't want to go from looking like this

da32d3ec108e6c9834bf41ae9bf53a73.jpg

to this:

image-325.jpg

lol Dan Henderson is such a scumbag, always getting in that extra unneccesary bomb when the other guy is out.

Back