Is this the most impressive dodging sequence with a counter in the UFC???

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
bdFLUGk.gif

Or can anybody remember a better one?

That's the one I immediately thought of when I read the title

I assumed it had to be this too. But still, Forrest is a tailor made opponent for prime Anderson to slay. Loved & hated seeing it happen at the same time.

edit: Although....

TheRashadDance.jpg

I assumed it had to be this too. But still, Forrest is a tailor made opponent for prime Anderson to slay. Loved & hated seeing it happen at the same time.
I agree with you, but saying it afterwards is a little easy. But remember back then, people were saying Forrest was the guy who was gonna put preassure on Silva? And then boom!! Best performance ever in the octagon!

I agree with you, but saying it afterwards is a little easy. But remember back then, people were saying Forrest was the guy who was gonna put preassure on Silva? And then boom!! Best performance ever in the octagon!
I never bought that narrative at the time. Maybe very slightly before seeing the weigh ins, but I figured Forrest was just too much of an oaf for Anderson. I thought Bonnar had a better shot at looking okay than Forrest. I really wish we got to see Anderson foray into LHW in his prime.

I can´t find the complete scene when Rothwell dances (bounces) in front of Vera before this final sequence. that was scary. lol
BEN-ROTHWELL.gif

Yeah probably, it was the one I thought of before entering the thread too. I have some niggling whispers in the back of my dome that I cant grasp atm though. Must be thinking of RJJ or even Naseem which wouldnt qualify.

bdFLUGk.gif

Or can anybody remember a better one?

It's interesting that even though Forrest is swinging wild (at least, it sure looks like it), he still remembers to bring up his right arm to guard his face, and looks fairly crisp doing so.

Of course, Anderson hit him on the chin, not the face...

I remember thinking that Forrest was on drugs.
He's like underwater slow

He was on drugs but that's also panic boxing, feet planted throwing mechanical lefts and rights.

Just one punch slipped but Shogun dodging Machida's straight and putting him down with a punch of his own, didn't look that pretty put that's a dam hard punch to avoid let alone counter.

It's interesting that even though Forrest is swinging wild (at least, it sure looks like it), he still remembers to bring up his right arm to guard his face, and looks fairly crisp doing so.

Very well observed.

I thought that the chin is a part of the face

I can´t find the complete scene when Rothwell dances (bounces) in front of Vera before this final sequence. that was scary. lol
BEN-ROTHWELL.gif

It was retarded lol. Typical Rothwell awkwardness, but funny as hell.

I thought that the chin is a part of the face

It is, but if I said someone got hit on the chin, hit on the temple, or hit in the face, you'd immediately visualize three completely different locations.

Back