Have you ever noticed guys saying "HEEYYYY" when heavy blows land during undercards?

FascistDictator

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Am I the only one who notices this?

Usually during the undercards the venues aren't totally packed yet so it's a lot quieter and the guys down in the front can be heard more.

But yeah... I swear... during every prelim I can hear someone going "AYYYY" whenever a heavy strike is landed.

Happens a lot. It's a Muay Thai thing.

Happens a lot. It's a Muay Thai thing.
oh, okay. thanks.

i had been thinking for a long time its just drunken/zealous fans getting in on the action LOL

the next UFC i go to i'm gonna get closer seats so i can do that too.

I think it's originally a Thai thing but Brazilian corners definitely brought it to MMA.

It's basically done to help sway the judges. I'm sure encouraging your fighter is part of it, but my understanding is that it's mainly done to make the judges (especially ignorant ones) more likely to see, remember, and appreciate your fighter's strikes more than his opponent's.

Do you mean the crowd or fighters? Because the crowd says some pretty weird shit during prelims when the place is empty. I have not noticed the fighters doing this.

UBER annoying.

Jax wink yells it even when their fighters MISS shots.

oh, okay. thanks.

i had been thinking for a long time its just drunken/zealous fans getting in on the action LOL

the next UFC i go to i'm gonna get closer seats so i can do that too.

Have at it lol. Have a good time.

I've heard the corners do that to try to influence the judges.

Yeah I've been hearing that for years actually. I hear people howling a lot also.

Usually during the undercards the venues aren't totally packed yet so it's a lot quieter and the guys down in the front can be heard more.

But yeah... I swear... during every prelim I can hear someone going "AYYYY" whenever a heavy strike is landed.
muay thai trainers do it during fights to sway judges

Id imagine you might be hearing a thai trainer

Yeah and it's gay.

Leave it to the Thais to come up with such dirty tactics.

Been happening for years

Even when gsp was a coach on tuff vs kos I think

Every strike his guy landed

Heyyyy

I spoke to him about this he said it was to try to influence the judges one way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back