Bringing GSP Back Hurts the UFC in the LongRun

nanika

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
In the economic long run i do not think it is a great idea to bring back GSP. if he wins in devastating fashion there is a fairly boring and older yet popular champion back at WW. But GSP cannot defend 10+ times again. I am putting his max title defenses at 3.

What advantage, other than short run profits, does bringing an aging superstar back, who many thought was actually quite dull, and could potentially dominate the division again? remember GSP quit impromptu the first time and the fertittas were considered better to fights than new management.

Matt-Mitrione-eye-injury-595x358.jpg

Meathead even says wtf mang

Getting in GSPs good graces is only a good thing for the UFC. Absolute monster of an ambassador for the sport of MMA as a whole. Id suggest you get off the disassociative drugs.

Getting in GSPs good graces is only a good thing for the UFC. Absolute monster of an ambassador for the sport of MMA as a whole. Id suggest you get off the disassociative drugs.

i agree 100% but it is still not a large enough positive externality especially because GSP is going to request cash to say positive things in the future because he is one of the smarter fighters when it comes to contracts and payouts.

With Conor sidelined, and given Ronda's head movement disorder, I think that it is the perfect time to bring him back.

The average age of the HW division is like 73, the new 145 wmma division is a joke, and Jones Will probably run over a nun on his way to his weigh in for his return fight.

GSP saving the UFC with his riddum. Mark my words.

What's the point of having a star that won't defend the belt once?

This is going to be Ronda Rousey all over again. GSP physically dominated his opponents. He's not dominating Tyrun. Maybe Wonderboy. I'll bet a few hundred against GSP if the odds are dumb.

They need GSP so they can keep Conor in check by showing him they have another star he ain't he only one now.

Back