The Outlaw Dan Hardy might get a chance for a comeback fight!

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“I’ve done tests, I’ve got results back. It looks very positive,” Hardy said. “I’m not sure exactly what I’m going to do with the knowledge and information yet. But I feel confident I have paperwork to prove that I can fight again.”

Hardy’s last outing saw him outpoint Amir Sadollah in his hometown of Nottingham at UFC on Fuel TV 5 back in September 2012, before a previously undetected heart abnormality — Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome — put him on the shelf indefinitely.

But now the former UFC welterweight title challenger-turned UFC analyst said he has all the medical information he needs to approach the UFC with a serious case to allow him to compete again.

“I suppose you could say that, yeah, The UFC’s changed a lot since I was fighting. (U.S. Anti-Doping Agency) has come in now, and there’s a lot more restrictions and stipulations on stepping back into competition.

“So I need to cross all those bridges, as well, if I think about it, and if I think it’s right for me. It’s been four years since I’ve done a training camp so I have to see how my body feels. I’m walking at 185 (pounds), I feel strong, I feel lean. I feel better psychologically than I ever have in my career.”

Hardy’s enthusiasm was clear as he expanded on his thoughts of a potential comeback, but he said he’d only jump back into the octagon against the right opponent.

“I’ll reiterate: I’m not interested in belts or rankings,” he said. “If I’m stepping back in it’s gonna be a big fight. I’ll step in and have a good war, and then I’ll step away and back into commentary.

“Honestly I think I’m more valuable to the sport in the role that I’m doing now. There aren’t many people that can really explain mixed martial arts in my opinion, and I’m trying my best. And I think we need more people like me in the sport to educate the new fans that are joining us.

“Just the other day I had a kid come up to me and he said, ‘You’re the UFC analyst’. (He’d) never seen me fight before. Times have changed since I was fighting, and I’ve got to take that into account. If I do fight again I’ve got to make sure it’s the right opponent. I don’t want to fight some up-and-coming kid like Mickey Gall; it makes no sense. So if an opportunity arises to fight somebody who whets my appetite, then that’s what I’ll do.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/02/dan-ha...ar-confident-i-have-paperwork-that-clears-me/

tumblr_mgp3iyNcWB1qbff4to1_500.gif

awesome, he always brings fun fights and he likes to talk some shit..... if he can get some wins he could make some serious money nowadays

Matt Brown would be a good return bout for Hardy.
I heard he was thinking about fighting at LW if he came back, but even if he was still fighting at WW I think thats a big step for him right out the gate. Matt isnt on great form but he has been active with really good fighters. Dan would be better to ease back into competition imo

GSP vs Hardy 2! Lol....

But seriously, Hardy vs Gall.

I heard he was thinking about fighting at LW if he came back, but even if he was still fighting at WW I think thats a big step for him right out the gate. Matt isnt on great form but he has been active with really good fighters. Dan would be better to ease back into competition imo
It doesn't sound like Hardy wants to ease himself back in. I think that Brown would be a good test without jumping right into the deep end.

Plus it is almost guaranteed that Brown would be looking to stand and trade.

It doesn't sound like Hardy wants to ease himself back in. I think that Brown would be a good test without jumping right into the deep end.

Plus it is almost guaranteed that Brown would be looking to stand and trade.
totally agree it would be a fun fight.... also just notice what he said at the bottom of the quote about wanting a big fight. so Brown would work

should be interesting though

Brown, Alves, Cote anyone of those 3 sound like the perfect opponent for Dan Hardy.

Hardy vs Akiyama at 170 or Saunders

At 155 maybe a guy like Nick Hein or Reza Madadi

Glad his issue looks to have cleared up, don't blame for wanting one last go at it

Dan Hardy vs Nick Diaz

I'm telling you...that's the fight to make... Too bad Nick thinks he's the GOAT & wont accept that if it were ever offered.

awesome, he always brings fun fights and he likes to talk some shit..... if he can get some wins he could make some serious money nowadays
Always brings fun fights?

In what universe were his fights with Gono, Swick, GSP or Rumble "fun fights"?

I miss Dan Hardy a lot.

I used to rock his avatar for years.

Always brings fun fights?

In what universe were his fights with Gono, Swick, GSP or Rumble "fun fights"?
the Rumble fight was more Rumble LnP him, same with the GSP fight.

are you saying he isnt an exciting fighter?

the Rumble fight was more Rumble LnP him, same with the GSP fight.

are you saying he isnt an exciting fighter?
If you think GSP lnp'ed hardy, you're probably an idiot. GSP aggressively passed guard, and had multiple near finishes.

The only time people have ever enjoyed watching Hardy fight, is when he lost to Lytle and Condit.

GSP vs Hardy 2! Lol....

But seriously, Hardy vs Gall.
Mickey wants the fight. If Dan is down, we got a fight. It's actually a good fight to make since Dan's been out for so long and Mickey is still pretty young. I think Mickey takes it but it'd be a good fight regardless.

If you think GSP lnp'ed hardy, you're probably an idiot. GSP aggressively passed guard, and had multiple near finishes.

The only time people have ever enjoyed watching Hardy fight, is when he lost to Lytle and Condit.
he didnt really do any damage though.... it wasnt as bad as the Rumble fight but GSP made that fight boring, not Hardy.

Also going by that last line I think its obvious your opinion of Dan isnt to be taken seriously ya goofy hater

Mickey wants the fight. If Dan is down, we got a fight. It's actually a good fight to make since Dan's been out for so long and Mickey is still pretty young. I think Mickey takes it but it'd be a good fight regardless.

Dans already said no, its not a fight hes interested in as he doesnt think it serves any purpose for either of them. But hes offered to fight Gall in a grappling match on submission underground or Eddie Bravo

Back