No matter Which Division GSP does his comeback at, Its the Wrong Time

xFeeLPaiN

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Lets check the potential Divisions he could return in:

155: The winner of the Khabib / Ferguson fight must get the title shot against Conor (which should be around Summer) so if GSP wants to fight in this division he would have to wait until the end of this year!

170: Demian Maia 10000% deserves the next title shot, it would be a disgrace if UFC just lets GSP leapfrog him (which wouldnt shock me that much but its just unfair AF)

185: same story like with 170. Both Rogan and then Dana said that Yoel is getting the next title shot. And after Yoel gets his Shot Jacare is DEFINITELY next in line so GSP would leapfrog 2 certified title contenders.

So in my Opinion, let GSP sit out until the end of 2017 (or give him a warm up fight in the meanwhile) because theres simply no space right now to squeeze in a title shot for him.

and btw i like GSP.

He will cut off any of those people if it's what he chooses. That's how the ufc works these days.

True but it's GSP so no one gives a fuck about this

Well, at least GSP is gonna kill UFC. I'm fine with that.

He only cuts to 155 for a huge fight with Conor, and he will risk life and limb to make that fight....other than that, he should just stay at WW. The only MW fight he takes is the Bisping fight.

<{gspressed}>

right time to make millions of dollars in one fight

155: The winner of the Khabib / Ferguson fight must get the title shot against Conor (which should be around Summer) so if GSP wants to fight in this division he would have to wait until the end of this year!

170: Demian Maia 10000% deserves the next title shot, it would be a disgrace if UFC just lets GSP leapfrog him (which wouldnt shock me that much but its just unfair AF)

185: same story like with 170. Both Rogan and then Dana said that Yoel is getting the next title shot. And after Yoel gets his Shot Jacare is DEFINITELY next in line so GSP would leapfrog 2 certified title contenders.

So in my Opinion, let GSP sit out until the end of 2017 (or give him a warm up fight in the meanwhile) because theres simply no space right now to squeeze in a title shot for him.

and btw i like GSP.

LOL, a "disgrace". You self-righteous Maia dweebs are unbearable. Nobody "deserves" shit first of all, but if we're trying to pretend people do, I can think of a long list of people that had deserved a title shot a lot more than a guy that beat a deflated Carlos Condit that can't, nor ever could defend a takedown to save his life.

If we're giving titleshots to inactive fighters now, the guy who has 11 straight title wins, never lost his belt, and is considered easily the greatest of all time at WW has earned the next titleshot a lot more than a guy that has been crying about his since he beat Ryan LaFlare, LOL!

and btw i like GSP.
If Khabib wins Ramadan will prevent a fight happening in the Summer. Besides, Conor will likely play the negotiating game to maximize his value past that time frame anyways.

GSP gets a title shot before any of these guys. Cash is king

So Titleshots are distributed according to the rankings now? Tell that Dan Henderson.
However, if I were GSP, I would take a warm-up fight anyways.

Have you been asleep for the last 10 years, the UFC will make the fight that sells the best, end of story. Do we really think Hendo deserved a title shot?? Come on wake up!!

he'll slide in and take Conor's shot against Floyd.

Ronda is out

Conor appears to be trying to get out

Nobody cares about any of the champs

How is it not a good time to GET PAID

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back