Chris van Heerden: "I don't give Conor a chance [against Mayweather]""

Pitier of Fools

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Conor McGregor made the Wall Street Journal. I can't post the article, but it's in the WSJ if anyone wants to go to the source. Now all of us who have half a brain know that know that Conor doesn't stand a hamburger's chance on Johny Hendricks' plate against Mayweather, but now his sparring partner has publicly admitted it.

The sparring partner mentioned is a pro boxer named Chris van Heerden, and some highlights from the interview are as follows:

"Conor McGregor in a boxing ring, against a guy like Floyd Mayweather? Brother, I don't give him any chance. What chance does he have against Mayweather, the best boxer in the world? A puncher's chance. So he swings well; he swings a big shot. Maybe he lands it. That might seal it for him. But honestly, do I see Conor beat Mayweather, no I don't."

"A mixed martial artist, they swing wildly. They put together maybe one or two punches, whereas a boxer focuses so much more on combinations."

"It doesn't deserve to be on pay per view. I will buy it. I just want to see it. I don't believe that this fight should even happen, honestly."

pretty much everyones point of view on this fight, unless you have strong cognitive dissonance

You're acting like this is some regular training partner of Conor. This is a boxer who sparred with Conor and then got mad that video leaked online, and threw a hissy fit about it

Dana said rousey can KO Floyd, I am sure Connor would kill him!

Chris van Herden is a can....Who can beat Conors ass in a boxing match.

That was a somewhat old interview...
Weird they used it to make the piece in the WSJ.

There are two kinds of people in the world; people who believe Mayweather would beat the piss out of Conor in a boxing match and people who are trolling.

Everyone, even those unfamiliar with boxing should know Conor stands no chance.

You're acting like this is some regular training partner of Conor. This is a boxer who sparred with Conor and then got mad that video leaked online, and threw a hissy fit about it
I would be pissed too if I was a professional boxer sparring with him for free and then seeing how they put up a heavily edited video to promote Conor and make him look better than he did and me worse.

Thread title should be 'Conor's former and never again sparring partner ...'

Conor has NO chance against a decent amateur boxer

He just wants a payday when he isn't even worth anything above 20m
And he also wants the GSP fight so talk of him fighting Floyd helps him with the ufc resigning GSP/making the fight

Conor is a fraud.
Lol
Guy was tapping a year ago and could barely get by the same guy in the rematch

Is this your legitimate perspective on what happened here?

Wait we didn't ask the dumb guy yet!

Pp9zN7i.jpg

I legitimately think McGregor himself knows he has no shot. I believe he's determined that an embarrassing boxing outing is worth the payout. There has to be some math going on in his head, where he's determining how much he can get out of a Mayweather match versus continuing MMA. It's entirely possible he believes he can get a few MMA paydays on top of the Mayweather match.

Conor still cant out box Floyd in a regular boxing match

"Conor doesn't stand a hamburger's chance on Johny Hendricks' plate"

That right there's good enough for a thumbs up from me.

{<jordan}

Only delusional Conor fans pretend to think so... LOL

But even they know deep down inside their bum souls that their idol has no chance whatsoever...

If you think this fight will be competitive in any way, if it even actually happens, you're a clown.

Back