Why Fedor will MOST LIKELY Lose.

Universal Kombat

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Personally I don't think Fedor will win, he could but he wont unless he goes back to the formula that made him the GOAT.

Today though, he keeps trying to KO people even though he's not a striker. He's SUPPOSED to be a cold and calculating grappler who would set up takedowns with dangerous power strikes, now he's an undersized brawler who fell in love with his "striking" and continously gives up dominant positions on the ground.

For example, trying to land wild GNP like the one that got him subbed against Werdum, and the one that got him flipped around and KO'd by Henderson. He's lucky Brett Roger's couldn't capitalize on all the mistakes Fedor did in that fight.

Older, smaller, brawler who isnt as quick as he used to be? A horrible combination when deciding to stand and bang with huge heavyweights. He generally didn't do that bullshit back then with the giants he fought in Pride, so God knows why that's his main game plan today. As his explosivity has died down with age... this has gotten even worse.

This change in style is what caused his downfall to begin with. He went from being able to strike with prime CC and Nog, to being outstriked by Fabio Maldonado and even Big Foot Silva.

Fedor hurts to watch because he has the skills or had not that long ago, to have continued his reign much longer than he actually did. But he got continuously fatter, and took his fights less seriously, and adopted a less intelligent approach to fights. Though he will always be remembered as one of the greatest, he hurt his legacy.

Short of a lucky wild haymaker, Fedor won't win this fight. I am saddened to say.

Did he learn from his mistakes? Does he have enough left? We will see ...

Mitrione is a mediocre fighter. He has looked like garbage in his last two fights lol Fedor should win this one actually.

Maybe.

He's very far from the fighter he once was.

Still the undisputed GOAT though. Even my pupil Redhawks agrees.

Fedor is old and out of his prime. This isn't really newsworthy. In his prime NOBODY beats Fedor. He was the most well rounded and scariest fighter in history. In 2017, it's just nice to see the guy is able to compete with fighters much younger than he is.

I just finished watching Fedor vs Maldonado. That fight was pretty brutal. I don't think Fedor has what it takes the face high caliber fighters anymore. I'd like to see him fight Kimbo. That would be epic.

Fedor is just like Anderson. He's still good at what he does, it's just a slower verison. Age gets everybody.

And my poor bJ getting humiliated by Yair Rodriguez after humiliating himself against Edgar. Just stay retired fool. You're a coach now. Coach BJJ. You're a master.

Here's the Epic fight of all time though. Fedor vs Anderson Silva 220 catchweight (Old Fedor vs Old Anderson) kinda like Chuck vs Wandy.

I agree, TS. Being a huge fan of Fedor, I just hope that he will return to his roots tonight and end Mitrione with a slick submission. That ship has probably sailed, though.

I just finished watching Fedor vs Maldonado. That fight was pretty brutal. I don't think Fedor has what it takes the face high caliber fighters anymore. I'd like to see him fight Kimbo. That would be epic.
Fedor vs Kimbo wouldn't be quite so epic at the moment.

He is the biggest question mark fighter in the sport outside of anderson silva. 50/50 fight

Fedor is just like Anderson. He's still good at what he does, it's just a slower verison. Age gets everybody.

And my poor bJ getting humiliated by Yair Rodriguez after humiliating himself against Edgar. Just stay retired fool. You're a coach now. Coach BJJ. You're a master.

Here's the Epic fight of all time though. Fedor vs Anderson Silva 220 catchweight (Old Fedor vs Old Anderson) kinda like Chuck vs Wandy.
Fedor against a corpse is actually a winnable fight for him these days

Thanks for agreeing but then I also thought of Fedor vs Anderson... but that's obviously less possible since Silva is UFC contracted.

How about Fedor vs Mr Wonderful Phil Davis. If Fedor can beat the bellator champ he's still got it.

Fedor vs Rampage catch weight. So many good fights available for Fedor.

Fedor vs Tito.

Today though, he keeps trying to KO people even though he's not a striker. He's SUPPOSED to be a cold and calculating grappler who would set up takedowns with dangerous power strikes, now he's an undersized brawler who fell in love with his "striking" and continously gives up dominant positions on the ground.
Had to stop right there. Fedor never really has a strategy going into any of his fights. If the fight is standing, he goes for the KO. If the fight goes to the ground then he goes for the sub. He doesn't force fights to go anywhere.

He was willing to stand with Cro Cop and he went to the ground against Werdum and Big Nog. He was always willing to stand with strikers and go to the ground with grapplers. He doesn't give a shit about where the fight ends up.

Fedor against a corpse is actually a winnable fight for him these days

You think Maldonaldo is a slouch? Cause Fedor beat him for 2 rounds after almost getting KO'd. If Fedor still wants to fight there are some good match ups for him that aren't necessarily high level.

The people want to see Fedor fight just like they want to see Anderson fight even if theyr'e old. Tell me I'm wrong.

Mitrione is a mediocre fighter. He has looked like garbage in his last two fights lol Fedor should win this one actually.

That's was the whole point of my thread. Skill wise Fedor should wreck him. But if he fights like a brawler, he's giving up many advantages to a bigger fighter who's pretty brawly himself.

Kimbo is dead isn't he?

Thanks for agreeing but then I also thought of Fedor vs Anderson... but that's obviously less possible since Silva is UFC contracted.

How about Fedor vs Mr Wonderful Phil Davis. If Fedor can beat the bellator champ he's still got it.

Fedor vs Rampage catch weight. So many good fights available for Fedor.

Fedor vs Tito.

Kimbo's dead bro

Kimbo is dead isn't he?

Jesus you're right. Now I feel bad. I'm so stupid I totally forgot about KImbo's death. RIP, badder man than me, by a mile. Respect. Bless.

SORRY I feel incredibly stupid for bringing up Kimbo. I never disrespected his name. Just a minor/major brainfart on my part.

Back