Is Stephen Thompson not with Longo-Serra fight team anymore?

Caligulasfury

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Just asking, Im sure I missed something. I just rewatched the Woodley fight (its up on youtube as a free fight) and they werent in his corner. Anyone care to shed some light?

Also I thought the draw was the perfect score.

He mostly trains at his dad's gym. During his camps he'll fly to new York to get in some reps with team serra/longo (one of Stephens brothers is married to weidmans sister, that's the connection he hasn)

He just trains there with Weidman sometimes, it's not his main gym.

Just asking, Im sure I missed something. I just rewatched the Woodley fight (its up on youtube as a free fight) and they werent in his corner. Anyone care to shed some light?

Sometimes he trains out in New York with Serra-Longo, sometimes he trains up in Montreal at Tristar. He bases his training out in North Carolina at his and his fathers Gym, they usually fly guys in to help Stephen prepare.

I thought JBJ was married to Holly Holms?

Ray Longo is a Don and he does not tolerate failure. Very soon there won't be a Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson.

I thought Dom was married to Dojo?
My man!

2ephf13.jpg

I never knew he was actually a part of that team, I figured he just trained with his dad somewhere else.

Woodley should have had a 29-26 round and won that fight. Draw my ass.

No he's said in interviews that Longos rectangular torso creeps him out too much so he left.

I never knew he was actually a part of that team, I figured he just trained with his dad somewhere else.
I don't think he's officially part but he's been hanging around for years. In fact, he's a very requested sparring partner. Not only at Longo's: anytime someone faces a karateka, think Wonderboy as sparring partner!

He always travels everywhere and comes back home with his dad and young students.

Back