Tyron Woodley Claims He Is The Greatest UFC Welterweight Ever

DoMeFavors

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Tyron Woodley says he's the greatest UFC welterweight EVER ... better than Georges St-Pierre ... and he won't stop kicking ass until he's proved it to the entire world.

Woodley -- the current UFC champ at 170 -- sat down with TMZ Sports to talk about his upcoming rematch with Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson at UFC 209 in March.

Tyron told us he's looking forward to polishing Thompson off and proving their last fight (which ended in a draw) was a fluke ... but beyond that, he's got some bigger things to prove.

"I'm the best welterweight to ever fight in the Octagon, all I gotta do is keep winning to prove it. I'm more well rounded than Georges St-Pierre, I punch harder."

I think Woodley is wrong. I hope that doesen't make me a racist.

1297799387610_ORIGINAL.jpg

The competitor in him needs to believe this to be true.

It's not and he probably shouldn't say it out loud but if he wants to believe that, good on him.

Woodley doing everything he can to get UFC 209 above 400,000 buys

Aka, I want a money fight with Georges

First he gets to be on McGregor's card, now he gets to be on Khabib's card. He's oozing privilege.

So, he should think like a beta and underestimate himself?

He is saying what every fighter thinks of themselves, and it is up to him to prove it, by winning. Just like he stated.

Nate Diaz says he has never lost fight.

You had a draw with Wonderboy. How can you be the best of all time when you're exactly evenly matched with someone fighting in your division right now?

<36>

Well, we won't know till his career is over. Good for him to have that attitude.

Happy to watch him try to prove it.

Think he is forgetting that he got styled on by GSP's understudy though.

g6_RoA.gif

9l98i.gif

Back