Was the UFC sale for $4,000,000,000 the greatest scam in history?

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
Seriously.

The Fertitta brothers bought it in 2,000 for $2,000,000

Made it worth so much more but didn't sell it at it's higest point of value. In fact they got everything you could get out of the UFC, and after all the biggest stars left or fell off, Jones, Silva, GSP, RONDA LOSING etc

Seems like after UFC lost all their good stars and most money making potential, they sell it to WME for 4 Billions

WTF how did they pull this off? Really quite amazing, UFC is worth less than it has been in years and only seems to be going further downhill as Bellator uprises

This is some elite heist shit.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Well, with the way the new owners are running it, it will be worth 2 million again soon.

This would be like if I sold you a carton of milk, that was about to expire, and mostly drank up for like $10,000

What Jedi did they have negotiating this fuckin deal???

It was really good business, the new owners seem clueless as far as the fight business goes, I feel the ufc is slowly morphing into a wwe platform.

$4,000,000,000 for 3 letters I can put on my hotdog

@wilKO

I think the Ferittas sold at the right time, yeah.

It's called, Lex Conor McGregor.

I think WME-IMG will make the UFC better. Is not like it was perfect before.

Well, with the way the new owners are running it, it will be worth 2 million again soon.
Yeah 4 billion is kind of crazy but they're ruining the UFC and letting way too many top fighters go. So far they are making all the wrong moves.

WME got hustled by street money

UFC will never have a 4 billion valuation again. It was a poison pill sale, WME won't be abl eto make the interest payment and Fertittas will reposess for pennies on the dollar

this is chess, not checkers

It just looks like a scam because the new owners are such bungling idiots. They overpaid for a company that they don't understand how to operate. Not much different than Pigg-Rigg opening a restaurant because he likes to eat. Although in this case I'm not even sure the new owners like fighting.

WME got hustled by street money

UFC will never have a 4 billion valuation again. It was a poison pill sale, WME won't be abl eto make the interest payment and Fertittas will reposess for pennies on the dollar

this is chess, not checkers

This would be chess if the queen could shoot laser beams at the other pieces :eek:

I very much doubt it. WME and it's management didn't become such a huge organization by making bad financial decisions.

ts clearly doesn't follow m&a activity in the technology industry. it's incredible what people will pay for flavor of the week type companies that have absolutely no signs of generating a profit ever

Fertittas and Dana White are expert salesmen.

They scammed Fox, Reebok, and now IMG into thinking they signed good deals.

Back