Joe Rogan On GSP Return

Perhaps the first time I've agreed with what Rogan had to say. Perhaps.

He has a point there is no one on the roster who sells payperviews anymore

I can't take this guy seriously anymore. Rogan has gone "full UFC schill" to many times...

Rogan has transformed into a ufc homer. Can't take him seriously anymore.

Could be wolf tickets or wishful thinking, but I am also inclined to believe the layoff did GSP more good than harm. I think GSP thinks he is back in his prime fighting condition and I can't wait to see if that's correct or not; I bet he can hardly wait too.

Last edited:
Could be wolf tickets or wishful thinking, but I am also inclined to believe the layoff did GSP more good than harm. I think GSP thinks he is back in his prime fighting condition and I can't wait to see if that's correct or not; I bet he can hardly wait too.

Ring rust is real. I have zero doubt GSP is in great shape physically and mentally. I'd be careful with his first fight though. I'd hate to witness his comeback derailed with a bad matchup

Damn i hope GSP comes back and kills!

Ring rust is real. I have zero doubt GSP is in great shape physically and mentally. I'd be careful with his first fight though. I'd hate to witness his comeback derailed with a bad matchup
Well, that's the big unknown, isn't it? Some people are saying he's coming back for the moolah, but he has no fucks given money; that's not the reason. He clearly has the competitive fire, and a huge amount of experience. I think if there is some rust, he can shake it off as long as he survives any first round onslaught.

What weirded me out was how Joe called him "one of if not THE BEST welterweight of all time"

Try one of the best ever in any division, joe.

It's strange, the UFC really doesn't give him the credit he deserves. They call Anderson the GOAT when GSP's resume was far superior. Not that I don't think Anderson was phenomenal too, but come on.

What weirded me out was how Joe called him "one of if not THE BEST welterweight of all time"

Try one of the best ever in any division, joe.

It's strange, the UFC really doesn't give him the credit he deserves. They call Anderson the GOAT when GSP's resume was far superior. Not that I don't think Anderson was phenomenal too, but come on.
I think he started to call him the best of all time and then remembered the UFC marketing mantra and changed it to best WW.

I think he started to call him the best of all time and then remembered the UFC marketing mantra and changed it to best WW.

but I don't understand why. They even at one point tried to call renan Barao P4P #1 but they wont acknowledge GSP being one of the 4 guys that can be called GOAT

but I don't understand why. They even at one point tried to call renan Barao P4P #1 but they wont acknowledge GSP being one of the 4 guys that can be called GOAT
Because Silva is still fighting and the fucking retards at the UFC seem to think no one will watch him if they don't universally back him as GOAT now that he has fallen off the top of the ladder. Just my theory, mind you, but I was never disappointed underestimating the intelligence of the marketers at the UFC.

Keep it in your pants

There's plenty of other fighters and trainers who have spoken similarly regarding GSP's training and skill level during his time off.

Word on the street is he is better than ever.

There's plenty of other fighters and trainers who have spoken similarly regarding GSP's training and skill level during his time off.

Word on the street is he is better than ever.

do you have any sources to back that up, would be interesting to hear what they have to say if true.

my concern is he comes back and starts losing badly, because many fighters had that same mindset in that they felt they were better than ever and came back and started losing.

hopefully i'm wrong and gsp comes back able to beat the opponents he fights, its just his last 3 fights weren't spectacular so he'd have to be the type of fighter he was against fitch or alves to be competitive in my opinion.

do you have any sources to back that up, would be interesting to hear what they have to say if true.

No I don't have anything specific actually, I'm just referring to random interviews that I have seen over the years (since he retired) - where they ask the interviewee about GSP and they have nothing but good things to say in regards to his conditioning and skills even while retired.

I could go on a mission and search all over the place and gather all that data up for you but, to be honest, I don't have any interest in doing all that. Lol

Joe Rogan seems to indicate the same in the video above.

So let's just see what happens...

my concern is he comes back and starts losing badly, because many fighters had that same mindset in that they felt they were better than ever and came back and started losing.

hopefully i'm wrong and gsp comes back able to beat the opponents he fights, its just his last 3 fights weren't spectacular so he'd have to be the type of fighter he was against fitch or alves to be competitive in my opinion.

GSP (and his team) are very smart... I'm sure they took into account all these concerns before deciding to resign.

I think he will be better, he's had a lot time off and time to improve

Back