So How Do You See This Woodley-Wonderboy Rematch Playing Out?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
I've been going back and forth on this fight since it was announced and I still can't confidently pick a winner, a truly 50-50 fight. I could see Wonderboy doing the same thing as last time and maybe even finishing Woodley. Then again Tyron has stupid power plus elite wrestling to boot. So who do you think takes this?

Wonderboy wins by razor split decision. Woodley loses his shit on social media. Six months later Maia chokes out Thompson...

Woodley wins and gets his big payday with GSP.

Sherdoggers deny there being any racial undercurrents while attributing GSP's physique to hard work and self-discipline and Woodley's physique to freak genetics.

I think that Woodley has to have come to the realization that it was a mistake to abandon his wrestling after round one.

I expect him to keep the fight on the ground this time and get a UD or late finish.

Same as the first one, except this time Woodley knocks Thompson out. Cheering for Thompson though.

Woodley wins and gets his big payday with GSP.

Sherdoggers deny there being any racial undercurrents while attributing GSP's physique to hard work and self-discipline and Woodley's physique to freak genetics.
i'm ok with Woodley fighting GSP, only after he beats Wonderboy and Maia

From Woodley's perspective I feel like he has to pressure, from wonder boys perspective he has to be patient.
Have no idea who wins though.

Woodley by stoppage. He has Wonderboy figured out now. Everyone knows Woodley just has a right hand but still cant avoid it.

Wonderboy by stoppage.

Thompson's outpointing on the feet will be enough this time as I don't think he gets hurt that badly again as the better striker. Woodley will take him down again and will probably win some of the early rounds, while Thompson wins 3,4 and 5.

Woodley by stoppage. He has Wonderboy figured out now. Everyone knows Woodley just has a right hand but still cant avoid it.

I think round 4 or 5 stoppage, he's hopefully going to use his wrestling more earlier on so that Wonderboy is fatigued and chasing the victory.

How the saying go? Bet on...Explosive.

Explosive Power!

I see Wonderboy finishing him, and Tyron ain't getting no rematch.

This is an absolutely great match-up with the different styles (karate/kickboxing vs. wrestler/boxer) and southpaw vs. righty. Both are tremendous athletes and fighters. Either can win this fight, it comes down to having the right game plan and making it work. However, either fighter can end the fight quickly with strikes even when behind on the score cards. IMO, this is the best match-up in the UFC at this time. I think Woodley deserves to be a slight favorite and I will pick him if I have to pick a winner. Both are elite and both worthy of wearing the belt. The winner gets the task of fighting Maia next who is absolutely crushing the WW division with his grappling. GSP returning to the UFC adds more drama to the 170 weight class.

I think it will be a race to who tires the fastest -- sorry to bring race into this

Back