MAYWEATHER(circa 2009): "MMA is for whites who can't box"

AllAlong87

White Belt
@White
Reaction score

I'm not trying to be divisive here, but it seems this assertion will be a part of the narrative of a potential Mayweather/McGregor bout.

Statistically speaking, Mayweather is pretty much correct about there being few whites in boxing. Although I don't think this means that MMA was created in order to give whites a place to dominate, that's a bit silly.

200.gif

Yeah, even though MMA was not created by white people, that's why it was created rofl. He's speaking out of ignorance. Maybe a lot people choose MMA in the US because they aren't successful in boxing, but then when you bring race into it, it starts to not make sense.

so then what....MMA is for blacks that cant do anything BUT box?

It's also for blacks who can read and went to college (on wrestling scholarships).

I'm not trying to be divisive here, but it seems this assertion will be a part of the narrative of a potential Mayweather/McGregor bout.

Statistically speaking, Mayweather is pretty much correct about there being few whites in boxing. Although I don't think this means that MMA was created in order to give whites a place to dominate, that's a bit silly.

giphy.gif

Hope Conor knocks him out for that one and I hate Conor. Would be so poetic for Floyd to finally get what he deserves on his 50th fight and for his record to be eternally stained by an mma fighter.

Boxing is for blacks who can't get into college and play football or basketball.

Geez, sounds kind of racist when you flip it like that.

Floyd is an ignorant woman abuser who managed his career like he fights, ducking and moving until a guy is vulnerable and then fighting him. I wish they would put some MMA component into this thing so I could get behind it because unfortunately at boxing Conor stands next to no chance.

I'd say boxing is for pussies though, with those bitch ass gloves.

The thing is, blacks have more fast-twitch muscle which allows them to do short, explosive movements as in boxing. Whites have slow-twitch muscle and this is better for endurance.

Yeah, even though MMA was not created by white people, that's why it was created rofl. He's speaking out of ignorance. Maybe a lot people choose MMA in the US because they aren't successful in boxing, but then when you bring race into it, it starts to not make sense.
Even though it was CREATED to give whites a place to thrive, there's still the fact that most whites would prefer to watch people who look like themselves compete. As with any other people.

So mma was created by brazilians so that white americans could dominate a combat sport again? Ok Floyd that makes sense. Smh.

The thing is, blacks have more fast-twitch muscle which allows them to do short, explosive movements as in boxing. Whites have slow-twitch muscle and this is better for endurance.
PIkprkZ.gif

Of course, there are exceptions to this like fast-twitch Conor McGregor or slow-twitch Phil Davis.

Back