How would guys like Anderson Silva, Conor, Aldo, Pettis etc do in K1?

James Edwart

Longdongus
@Yellow
Reaction score
Also, if you think a fighter i haven't mentioned would do well in K1, please enlighten me

Overeem would be K1 champion.

Prime 6'6" 300+ lbs NFL players with 6 month training would be K1 open weight champion because they would destroy prime Sapp who destroys K1 champs.

The cool thing about K1 were the heavyweights....
No idea, probably well-ish.....against people their own size......

Anderson would have to fight in HW so he would be destroyed easy

Some perspective: Quinton Jackson was able to get some wins over a decent K-1 fighter Abidi. old, fat boxer Botha got away with a win over 2 K-1 legends while losing the rest.

Still any MMA fighter would get starched against Schilt though. Schilt is the GOAT.

They would all get killed.

Your guys would do fine as long as they are in second,third row from the ring,with their girls,friends,popcorns,drinks..,,K-1 is more for guys who are in some kind of thai shit,taekwondo,or something from thai-food,girls...Guys who are whole life,career in training for that.,except few freaks in the past.

K-1 now or K-1 in their glory days ?

You mean Anderson as a HW (They didn't have a MW or WW division) against Hoost, Aerts, Le Banner, Cro Cop, Hunt, Greco, Bernardo, Cikatic etc. ? They'd play with him imo.

Conor, Aldo and Pettis i assume you're thinking of them vs the Masato/Souwer/Buakaw era right ? None would get far. I mean the top guys were really beastly, i guess Aldo could hold his own and not be KO'd but the other two ? nah.

The cool thing about K1 were the heavyweights.....

K-1 Max was the shit.
Heavyweights was funny but people like Souwer, Petrosian, Zambidis, Drago, Buakaw, Kraus etc were the real show.

Also, if you think a fighter i haven't mentioned would do well in K1, please enlighten me

Rampage looked pretty good when he went over there.

He exposed a few things.
People often criticize Rampage for not using kicks and not defending leg kicks. But in his prime, he would defend these things by unleashing counters, and he had power to boot.

Last edited:
K1 is weak as water. Their talent pool is very low. Top strikers in MMA have already done well in K1.

K-1 now or K-1 in their glory days ?

You mean Anderson as a HW (They didn't have a MW or WW division) against Hoost, Aerts, Le Banner, Cro Cop, Hunt, Greco, Bernardo, Cikatic etc. ? They'd play with him imo.

Conor, Aldo and Pettis i assume you're thinking of them vs the Masato/Souwer/Buakaw era right ? None would get far. I mean the top guys were really beastly, i guess Aldo could hold his own and not be KO'd but the other two ? nah.
K-1 in it's glory days was in a league of it's own. After the glory days it became a freak show.
Hong Man Choi, Semmy Schilt, Bob Sapp and other sky scrapers ruined it.
My favorite striker extra ordinaires were Ernesto Hoost, Peter Aerts and Remy Bonjasky.
Oh man those flying knees from Bonjasky...<13>

K-1 in it's glory days was in a league of it's own. After the glory days it became a freak show.
Hong Man Choi, Semmy Schilt, Bob Sapp and other sky scrapers ruined it.
My favorite striker extra ordinaires were Ernesto Hoost, Peter Aerts and Remy Bonjasky.
Oh man those flying knees from Bonjasky...<13>
Bonjasky in his prime was BEAUTIFUL to watch, work of art, dude painted a picture in the ring. Hoost too, sooo much skill, he looked so invincible at some points of his career that every striker in the world in MMA or Kickboxing would use his skillset as a bible.

I say here often that Brazilian gyms call it "muay thai" but they're really doing Dutch Kickboxing, taking almost everything from Hoost and Aerts and other top dutch kickboxers. That 1-2 leg kick screwed a lot of people up. I love me some Ernesto Hoost. Shame how the K-1 went downhill mid 2000's...the glory days were so awesome.e

Overeem would be K1 champion.

Prime 6'6" 300+ lbs NFL players with 6 month training would be K1 open weight champion because they would destroy prime Sapp who destroys K1 champs.
Which NFL players destroy sapp LOL?
Sapp was 350 shredded show me one nfl player at that weight who doesn't live at mcdonalds.
He also ran a 40 yard dash in 4.9 seconds, could bench press over 600 pounds and deadlift 900. Sapp also had years of kickboxing training unlike any NFL player.
Show me one guy with those capabilities, not to mention Sapp was destroyed by welterweights and middleweights aswell in kickboxing.

anyone who dismisses k1' from 93 to 2011,have absolutley no idea what they are talking about,and look foolish.

Which NFL players destroy sapp LOL?
Sapp was 350 shredded show me one nfl player at that weight who doesn't live at mcdonalds.
He also ran a 40 yard dash in 4.9 seconds, could bench press over 600 pounds and deadlift 900. Sapp also had years of kickboxing training unlike any NFL player.
Show me one guy with those capabilities, not to mention Sapp was destroyed by welterweights and middleweights aswell in kickboxing.
None of what you said is true. Where did you get your info, Japanese variety shows?

The only training Bob Sapp had for years was football, and he wasn't remotely good enough to stay in the NFL. When he fought Hoost he had been out of the NFL for years. All his supposed stats you read on the internet is BS because there is no official NFL combines on him, the only thing we have on official record was his size: 6'4" and 319 lbs. You know how many guys in the NFL dwarf him? Years of kickboxing lol right.

Some Mixed Martial Artists who never competed in Kickboxing have knocked out opponents in MMA who competed in Kickboxing. At this point I think that the gap between the best MMA strikers and the best Kickboxers isn't large. If the fighters mentioned in the OP fought under K-1 rules against fighters their size I imagine that they would do well.

Back