Nate Diaz blasts UFC, says it has 'put him on the shelf'

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Oh my...

Nate cannot be serious about becoming a boxer...

Poor footwork.
Poor head movement.
Poor hand speed.
Poor fight adjustment.

That said, he does have a SOLID CHIN, GREAT CARDIO, and SUPER TOUGHNESS, but...his boxing does not appeal.

In my estimation, it seems like his current woes are self-inflicted, as he seems to be looking for a PAYDAY rather than...working his way up to it.

It reminds me of Nick...

https://ca.yahoo.com/sports/news/na...e-ufc-has-put-him-on-the-shelf-220605407.html

Nate Diaz hasn’t competed in the UFC since his rematch with Conor McGregor at UFC 202 last August and he’s not happy about that. The man who owns the only victory over McGregor in the UFC and pushed the Irishman to the limit in the subsequent rematch believes that he’s being benched purposefully by the UFC.

What’s interesting about Diaz’s claim is that he’s told a few different stories since losing to McGregor in what was one of the best fights of the year. Initially, he stated that he would bench himself for 10 months while waiting to complete the trilogy with McGregor and wouldn’t take another fight prior to that. Then, he stated he wouldn’t compete again unless he was paid no less than $20 million. He also threatened to depart from MMA competition to join Floyd Mayweather’s “Money Team” as a boxer.

UFC president Dana White countered via text message with the following:

“Nate said the only fight he wants is Conor … I haven’t heard a word from him [since August]. Usually when guys want a fight, they call.”

If Diaz is really sitting out while waiting for the UFC lightweight champion’s return, he’s going to have a long line to stand in. Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson will compete for the interim lightweight title at UFC 209 in March with the winner getting a shot at McGregor. However, if “The Notorious One” chooses, he could move up to welterweight in an effort to capture a third title in another weight class or reclaim the featherweight title that he was forced to relinquish at the end of 2016. And there’s always the looming – yet remote – possibility of a dream match with Floyd Mayweather.

If Diaz obtains a boxing license, he’ll likely have some hoops to jump through before he could ever compete in the ring. But whatever it is, it certainly seems to be complicated.

Even if McGregor isn’t in Diaz’s immediate future, the Stockton fighter contends that nobody else is willing to fight him.

“No one in MMA wants it,” he said. “No one says they want a big-deal fight against me. If someone wants to fight, then let’s make a big deal.”

Last edited:
Lol.

Really needs to stop the drugs and needs to stop getting hit in the head by Conor.

He sounds like a true crazy person.

Anything other than waiting for the Conor triology would be stupid for Diaz.

This is just Nate keeping his name in the news.

Didnt he put himself on the shelf? Lay off the blunts Nate.

Its cause he wants 10 mil now cause he beat Conor that 1 time and got a mural so now he thinks he's worth it.

I thought he said he is retired unless its Conor trilogy or a money fight?

he needs to push himself, sitting waiting for a fight that may take a long time if ever to come about isn't what he should be doing. If he made a serious push for the LW strap and just got himself into contention, then he would have a great shot at another McGregor fight but sitting back smoking weed and expecting things to come to him is not how he got himself into the position in the first place. He got the McGregor fight because he was active and would fight anyone as well as his ability to "almost be able to string a sentence together".

It really sounds like Nate has delusions of grandeur. He is a decent fighter and can pose a threat at 155, but he's only shown this very recently, he is not at all consistent in that division.

Khabib and Ferguson are way more deserving of a title shot in my opinion. Nate was only on the up in 155 after his comeback victory over Johnson and since then he's been engaged in a pointless exhibition/WWE style feud with Conor that has amounted to nothing for him career-wise.

Let him fight a top 5 155er to make himself relevant again and then I would consider him seriously in title contention. Until then, despite all the Stockon gangsta persona, (which we love by the way) I would label him quite brutally 'on the shelf'.

Diaz brothers are always the true victims

...never forget

#GUERNICAbless

As much AWESOMENESS which was on display in that fight, (FUCK McTapper) it's a fucking shame that he lost the rematch.

Mind you, I knew it was a probability. (I did a fight breakdown before the rematch)

Didn't he say some time ago (right after the first and second Conor fights) that he only wants to fight Conor and only for some ridiculous amount of money?

It's really bitter sweet being a Diaz bros fan with the mental capacity they have.

As much AWESOMENESS which was on display in that fight, (FUCK McTapper) it's a fucking shame that he lost the rematch.

Mind you, I knew it was a probability. (I did a fight breakdown before the rematch)
Agreed! mcTapper is a DAMN clown who has made a mockery of our beloved sport and it's championship belts. As far as I'm concerned he's a DAMN paper champ. He completely skipped the line and did not earn that shot to fight Eddie. He didn't beat any contenders and came off of a tap out loss and a razor close win agains Nate to Contend for the title. It was a DAMN farce and his hypetrain is coming to an end very soon!

#GUERNICAbless

Choking out Conor may have been the best and worst thing that could have happened to him.

> "I will only fight for 20 million"

> "Fuck UFC for putting me on the shelf and not letting me fight"

U wot m8?

Better boxer than Conor, which isn't saying much

Yeah fair enough you have your preference of fighter, however I have 2 points

a) I'm not sure Nate is a better boxer really, given how he was totally out-struck in their second match up despite being the obviously bigger fighter with the longer reach

and

b) You say "which isn't saying much" although you fail to recognise that Conor is one of the best stand-up fighters P4P in MMA today and all fight pundits/commentators appreciate his skilled boxing style. Of course he is no match for pro boxers at the same weight class, but in the 145/155 division who is really on par with his MMA/boxing transitional skill set? I'd say very few

Back