Junior Dos Santos Is The Right Man To Get A Shot At Stipe

ChosenMMA

Part Of DC Nation & The Cruz & Velasquez Wagon
@purple
Reaction score
He beat Rothwell who was on a hot streak for a few years, give it was only four or so fights in about four years but wins over Overeem & Barnett included. Much better than Werdum's win over Browne who had lost four out of his last five or something, plus he has a win over the champ in a very good fight.

Once Junior gets the belt back we can get the Cain 4th and 5th fights and Werdum rematch.

Also let's be honest, the division is thin at the title level, Cain, Werdum, Overeem etc only need to beat one guy after a title loss to get another shot because nobody is coming through.

This is a great rematch. Gotta go with Stipe this time.

This is a great rematch. Gotta go with Stipe this time.

I'm biased and I got Junior, but Stipe has been destroying anybody and everybody since that loss

I'm biased and I got Junior, but Stipe has been destroying anybody and everybody since that loss
I wouldn't mind JDS winning. Would love to see a rematch with Werdum. Werdum might dieded this time.

I wouldn't mind JDS winning. Would love to see a rematch with Werdum. Werdum might dieded this time.

Loads of people think JDS lost a piece of his soul to Cain, hope he proves them wrong, but can understand why they say that.

I agree.

And it's a good fight.

War JDS! AND NEW UFC HW CHAMPION!!

C2963GiWEAEcswq.jpg

HW division is caught in some weird ass time loop

Stipe Will probably lose then JDS will lose, etc... It's the heavyweight curse.

Would very much like to see JDS win but I think he lost a step. Miocic keeps the belt this time.

Cain 4th and 5th fights, are you shitting us? Nobody wants to see that.

I think Stipe wins this fight probably. Rothwell was about the best matchup and easiest fight in the top 10 for JDS. Ben is tougher for other HWs. His skills just don't really threaten JDS very much. He's slow and lumbering - which is perfect for JDS's boxing. Stipe is much quicker and will apply pressure to JDS. Also could use takedowns or the threat of them to keep JDS off balance. It's HW so anything can surely happen though.

it's a good fight. i hope Werdum fights and then if he wins, gets the winner.

if Werdum fights and loses....well, the HW landscape is all over the place, we'll just have to see what's what.

2-1 after he got wrecked in a title fight for the second time.... Yet we need the 20th WW TUF.
He should fight Werdum for the #1 contender spot, but Werdum doesn't want to and the risk with Junior winning that is that he'll be out of action for a year like in every other fight.

HW division is caught in some weird ass time loop

Nope, only seems that way because the division is so shallow.

The UFC lists 52 in total on their website... which includes:

Shane Carwin
Mirko Cro Cop
Antoni Hardonk
Gabriel Gonzaga
Brock Lesnar
Big Nog
Brendan Shaub

Threre's a good 10 more or so that I don't think I've ever seen fight (or at least don't remember).

It's always the same names in contention over and over and over... it's unbelievable that the UFC continues to keep going after 185'ers and under, when their top 2 divisions are so weak. Not sure who's calling the shots over there, but it might be time to consider replacing or retraining that individual.

2-1 after he got wrecked in a title fight for the second time.... Yet we need the 20th WW TUF.
He should fight Werdum for the #1 contender spot, but Werdum doesn't want to and the risk with Junior winning that is that he'll be out of action for a year like in every other fight.

It's a real mess Werdum is only 1-0 after getting wiped out, Cain also 1-0 after getting finished, they are all in the same boat, only difference is JDS has a better win and has beat the champ.

Back