reem got much better....hunt got slightly better.

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Since pride, reem has improved greatly while hunt has only improved slightly.

In the first fight, reem took hunt down and submitted him with ease.

I dont see this fight going any different. Hunt has slightly improved on the ground but not enough imo to stop reem from getting him to the ground and working him into a submission or tko.

Hunts only chance imo is to land a big shot early in the fight before he fades.

I see reem utilizing footwork as he did vs jds and picking hunt off with single shots until he gets the takedown and grinds him out. At some point i think hunt will take his opening to improve his position, during which time reem will slap on a submission and get the win.

All it takes is one punch from hunt.

Yeah overeems footwork is much more improved and his ground game is better but overeems chin is impossible to bet on these days. Hunt is deceivingly fast for a heavyweight too keep that in mind.

Hunt has decent puncher's chance. All it takes is one. Reem should win this one though if he fights smart. Even Brock was able to avoid getting tagged hard for prolonged periods of striking with the now 42 year old Hunt. Hunt has slowed a lot and that affects his ability to land that one power punch with his heavy hands.

not only has Hunt vastly improved both his ground game and take down defense in the last 10 years, he was also in a bad place in 2008-2009, not training, and taking any fight that would pay him. i believe he was on Oxy's too.

your analysis is truly awful, TS, regardless of who wins.

All Hunt needs to do is land one shot. His hand is probably bigger than Overeems head.

In think by bulking up overeem lost his submission game.

Hunt felt way more active

a better analysis might take into account how cautious Overeem has become in the last few years. how he has tried to keep distance and - at least in JDS's case - try to goad the opponent into attacking recklessly. can Hunt get inside on that Overeem? and can Overeem get Hunt down from that far away?

or will this be a 29-28 stinker with about 14 punches and 9 leg kicks landed, combined?

Glad that after the Lesnar mess, Hunt is fighting a clean opponent lol

Reem's boxing defense is gone. Strange but true.

This fight should look a lot like Garbrandt/Cruz

Since pride, reem has improved greatly while hunt has only improved slightly.

In the first fight, reem took hunt down and submitted him with ease.

I dont see this fight going any different. Hunt has slightly improved on the ground but not enough imo to stop reem from getting him to the ground and working him into a submission or tko.

Hunts only chance imo is to land a big shot early in the fight before he fades.

I see reem utilizing footwork as he did vs jds and picking hunt off with single shots until he gets the takedown and grinds him out. At some point i think hunt will take his opening to improve his position, during which time reem will slap on a submission and get the win.
I think this fight will look like jds vs hunt fight

I see the reem winning but I can also see his chin not holding up, if he fights smart and patient he wins

Wouldn't it be funny if Hunt pissed red hot after the fight .........from some kind of eye medication, foot cream , kangaroo meat, dick pill,,,etc,,something....

I wouldn't bet on this one as Hunt just needs 1 punch. But who knows REEM could put on a performance like he did against JDS and destroy Hunt. Great fight but one of those, "who knows"

a better analysis might take into account how cautious Overeem has become in the last few years. how he has tried to keep distance and - at least in JDS's case - try to goad the opponent into attacking recklessly. can Hunt get inside on that Overeem? and can Overeem get Hunt down from that far away?

or will this be a 29-28 stinker with about 14 punches and 9 leg kicks landed, combined?

That's probably a good thought.

feel like this should be an easy fight for the reem, unles he gets stupid - he has a lot of length and a grappling advantage - if he gets sloppy though, he could get put out easily, esp if he gets careless early

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back