Woodley vs Thompson is the proof that Pride rules were better!

crofighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Woodley won that fight, period. Wonderboy didn't do anything significantly in the whole fight...except surviving that 4th round. Woodley won rounds 1 and 4 by a long shot...we can give round 5 to Wonderboy, and 2nd and 3rd round were pretty much even...Fight itself wasn't actually that great...it had few fun moments but thats it...Woodley did all the damage...Wonderboy did barely anything those whole 25 minutes except surviving...he didn't put Woodly in danger, not even once...

This is true, Pride rules is the true MMA. Unified Rules are a copycat of boxing rules with some WWE gimmicks thrown in

yes, 90% of sherdoggers wish there were a better scoring system than the 10 point must.

anything else?

The costant getting caught in between the ropes, the yellow card system, the constant freak show fights, the no elbows... Honestly a lot about Pride was terrible and I'm not convinced scoring fights as a whole or Prides judges were actually any better...

That said, our scoring system has been in bad need for improvement and lately it actually has been. The biggest gripe I had was how unfairly they scored fights against people on their backs who were more effective and how that's already had a visible negative impact on our sport but, this has been significantly improving lately amongst other things so Im trying to be more optimistic.

Except that by Pride rules, Wonderboy won the fight. He was clearly winning by the end of the fight. He had survived everything Woodley could throw at him and was outclassing Woodley in Round 5.

Wonderboy wins the rematch too

The costant getting caught in between the ropes, the yellow card system, the constant freak show fights, the no elbows... Honestly a lot about Pride was terrible and I'm not convinced scoring fights as a whole or Prides judges were actually any better...

That said, our scoring system has been in bad need for improvement and lately it actually has been. The biggest gripe I had was how unfairly they scored fights against people on their backs who were more effective and how that's already had a visible negative impact on our sport but, this has been significantly improving lately amongst other things so Im trying to be more optimistic.
dafuq? Yellow card system was gold.....freak show fights are still present in maybe different form and there is nothing wrong with them...and elbows are bad....many ground techniques are not possible to do becuase of the danger of elbows....plus cuts and everything....

Scoring definitely needs to be changed to favor damage. All you need is more 10-8s and 10-7s. Hendo-Bisping is another perfect example. Hendo clearly won that fight as a whole.

Scoring definitely needs to be changed to favor damage. All you need is more 10-8s and 10-7s. Hendo-Bisping is another perfect example. Hendo clearly won that fight as a whole.
this comes up a lot. You need judges who properly score it under any criteria. otherwise changing the actual numerical score does little to nothing if they're not seeing rounds as significantly as they should

this comes up a lot. You need judges who properly score it under any criteria. otherwise changing the actual numerical score does little to nothing if they're not seeing rounds as significantly as they should
That's obviously ideal, but just a for instance. Currently a 10-point system is used. But I've never seen a number below 7 and 10-8s are very rare. Imagine if there were 10-3s. Then squeaking out a 10-9 with 15 jabs to 14 wouldn't count for near as much, and actually hold the proper weight.

Back