Higher ATG ranking; Jacare or Mousasi?

george14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
They are 1-1 head to head. As of right now, Mousasi has a hell of a resume at 41-6-2 and championships in DREAM and Strikeforce. Moose has also been good at two weight classes. Souza has a 23-4 record and former Strikeforce champion.

ATG..."against the gods" ?

Neither has faced Andy Wang, Jason Thacker, James Toney, Rhonda Arousemey,CM Punk...os they are both 0-0 ATG

Mousasi's legit but his win against Jacaré was one of the flukiest KOs ever

Souza without doubt. cmon. were you asleep 16 months ago? i personally think this is the best Mousasi we've ever seen, and he finally got past his injuries from 2012, but until something huge happens to counterbalance that last Jacare fight, there is no debate here.

and yes that Mousasi "win" you speak of was akin to Fedor v TK, Jones v Hammill, Couture v Vitor.

either could be champ, and i look forward to Mousasi v Weidman.

Jacaré was winning the first bout. Even Mousasi looked like "wtf" when he connected that kick.

I feel that in five years Moose will have a better legacy but we'll see.

Mousasi's legit but his win against Jacaré was one of the flukiest KOs ever

It's not a fluke if you're throwing an upkick and it lands where you aimed.

Mousasi has Been Looking stellar lately, I wanted jaca to fight him instea Tim, but seems like they are friends and only want to fight if it's for the title.

Anyways, jaca soundly beat him leaving no doubt who's the better fighter

Any changes to this? I think I am in the minority in ranking Mousasi ahead of Jacare at this moment for their careers.

It's not a fluke if you're throwing an upkick and it lands where you aimed.
It depends what one means by "fluke". Oftentimes, it's used to describe a low chance occurrence; one that doesn't normally happen; and thus one that isn't a good indicator of how a matchup usually plays out.

@20falarVerdades was likely referring to this idea, and that upkick qualifies as a fluke under that definition.

Compare it to Cain/Cigano 2 and 3. They're the opposite of a fluke, in that that's how that matchup plays out most of the time.

Back