Can Anderson Silva Be The Middleweight Champ again?

Pentogento

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

He lost a controversial desicion to bisping, which i thought he won. Now that bisping is the champ, i believe he desereves a rematch, plus fighting DC in light heavyweight division was a dumb move, should of stayed in his division

I really don't think he can be the champ again. Bisping isn't the best champion, if Bisping retains then he should fight him again. Though, it doesn't look like middle weight is stacked division.

Yes but the odds aren't great and he has nothing to prove. He needs to retire after the Brunson fight, win or lose.

He chose not to finish Bisping in that fight, he lost his killer instinct

Greencarrier_MoreThanALogisticsCompany-850x462.jpg

But it would take a lot of help

Rockhold leaves UFC to become a model
Jacare leaves UFC after being denied title shot
Romero pops for crazy pills
Bisbing leaves UFC due to eye injuries
Chris Weidman becomes a farmer
Lyota Machida opens a karate school
Robert Whitaker stops developing

I think he can. But he doesn't have time, and that's a huge liability

I think he can. But he doesn't have time, and that's a huge liability
Yeh but if he wins against brunson, then takes a fight 4-5 months later against top 5 guy and wins, he could be lining up for a title shot

We should wait and see how he does against Brunson before asking this question. Brunson is legit and was reckless against Whittaker. Let's not forget he took down Romero multiple times and was winning before he got knocked out. If Silva can beat Brunson I'd say he has a legitimate chance.

Interesting question.

This situation is very much like the LW division at the moment.

If he were granted an undeserved shot right now (like Conor was) yes he would be champ, but clearly not the best fighter in the division (just like Conor).

I'd say no. When was the last fight he won? He'd have to be at least 2 or 3 fights away from a title shot, and he'd have to get some pretty fav match ups in order to do it. I think that ship has sailed.

Interesting question.

This situation is very much like the LW division at the moment.

If he were granted an undeserved shot right now (like Conor was) yes he would be champ, but clearly not the best fighter in the division (just like Conor).
True

It's definitely possible with the right matchup.

I just don't see him beating the best four there.

He's no longer fighting in a crappy division.

"Now that Bisping is the champ, I believe he deserves a title shot" I believe that's not how it works.

Back