GLORY champ Joe Valtellini is questioning Wonderboys kickboxing record

Winebrandt

White Belt
@White
Reaction score

Glory kickboxing champion Joseph Valtellini is questioning Steven Thompsons kickboxing skills..

For those who don't want to watch it goes..

Rogan- Wonderboy is undefeated in kickboxing

Valtellini- You hear about these guys "undefeated as a kickboxer" like hey we are the same weight if you are undefeated and so how come we never heard of each other or saw each other,

Then he proceeds to talk about how glory is THE premier kickboxing organisation..

He's not wrong

How many times haven't we heard about undefeated champions in boxing and kickboxing coming into the UFC? Goof paper belts from one of thousands of organizations that claim that their brass belt is the world championship belt.

I will say, from training TMA back in the day and when I tansitioned to competing in Ammy Kickboxing, a LOTof traditional background guys will actually call thoe karate tournament bouts as "kickboxing matches".

And me coming from Kenpo use to compete in those stupid point tourneys (int the 90s) where you face 3-5 people in one day. And if you spend any time traveling regionally you can hit a tourney every weekend and really rack up that fake kickboxing record. LoL

He's not wrong

How many times haven't we heard about undefeated champions in boxing and kickboxing coming into the UFC? Goof paper belts from one of thousands of organizations that claim that their brass belt is the world championship belt.
Jessamyn Duke is a Muay Thai champion with world class standup!

He seems like a very coherent and nice guy.

Isn't sage a "karate world champion"? His striking isn't very dangerous at all.

Bazooka Joe knows.

And yes... all the MT and Kickboxing champions in the UFC are from the C-Level organizations at best. Rogan should know best.

From the top of my head the only one who won a legit K-1 title was Ubereem. Mirko has been competitive in the 90s and early 00s but he never won a legit WGP. 2013 was lacking top fighters.

Mousasi also won 2 fights against top guys back in Japan days.

hee's correct

Bazooka Joe knows.

And yes... all the MT and Kickboxing champions in the UFC are from the C-Level organizations at best. Rogan should know best.

From the top of my head the only one who won a legit K-1 title was Ubereem. Mirko has been competitive in the 90s and early 00s but he never won a legit WGP. 2013 was lacking top fighters.

Mousasi also won 2 fights against top guys back in Japan days.

Hunt

rico_verhoeven_belt.jpg

Only kickboxer i care for!

Then there's Cro-Cop, who won a K-1 tournament AFTER getting KO'd on his feet by a bunch of grapplers and sub-par strikers (Gonzaga, Mir, Schaub, etc.). Or Overeem, the K-1 hero who proceeded to get KO'd in the UFC by amazingly technical strikers lie Bigfoot, Browne and Rothwell. So "legit" kickboxing credentials don't always mean much either.

he has a point, the stuff Wonderboy done is barely even kickboxing imo..... its point fighting karate competitions

Hogan has also used that logic to discredit Callen's TKD career. I wouldn't mind seeing Wonderboy in Glory tho.

Wonderboy is undefeated in the Chuck Norris thing ?

The UFC blatantly lying when promoting?

No fucking way!

Carwin, 12 kos all under a minute, 6'5!

SOOOO GLAD someone said that MT and Kickboxing is different right at Joe Rogan's face.

Back