Jones and Gus are the 2 best lightheavyweights of this era...

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
U guys can call me crazy, but i still feel that Gus is the man... even after losing to Cormier and Rumble, i think he can beat them both in rematches... Im also curious to see Rumble on a harder fight, if his grappling has improved... What u guys think?

Rumble on a harder fight? Dude fought Davis, Glover, DC, Gus, Bader, and Jimi lol.

Gus has some good wins also, but hes massively over ranked.

i might suggest that your putting too much emphasis on his bout with Jones 3+ years ago and not enough emphasis on his accomplishments since then.

I personally rank Gus higher than Jones as he was a gentleman and didn't give shogun a severe beating.

It is Jones and DC with Rumble coming in a close 3rd then everyone else

Gus really has no signature win, he is a good fighter and can hang with the best but just being in close fights isn't enough to cement you as one of the best ever, he's gotta beat a big name

Well, Gus' best win is Shogun. That's a fact.

And he lost vs. Rumble, DC, and Jones.

So no.

JBJ is THE best LHW, Cormier is the 2nd, Rumble, then Gus.

Jones is a cheater and Gus is shot. The best light heavyweight today is Daniel Cormier. Then Rumble.

l41lGl2HmAxtqlRn2.gif

Gus is the only fighter that has signature losses without a signature win.

I mean some fighters have signature losses which boosted them (ie Shogun vs Machida) but they usually have that big win that comes after the signature loss.

U guys can call me crazy, but i still feel that Gus is the man... even after losing to Cormier and Rumble, i think he can beat them both in rematches... Im also curious to see Rumble on a harder fight, if his grappling has improved... What u guys think?

I think your basing his ranking on hypothetical situations where he performs better than Gustafson has performed.

Basically your saying if Gus is better than Gus I would have him as a top LHW of this era.

Which I guess I agree

Why Gus? How can you rate him over DC, a guy who actually won and defended the championship?

Talking about potential? Or at this moment? DC is old and JBJ and Rumble are unreliable so MAYBE Gus can get there someday. Right now he's firmly in fourth place. Give DC some hespect.

I personally rank Gus higher than Jones as he was a gentleman and didn't give shogun a severe beating.

I still choose to believe that fight never happened lol. Too painful

Back